Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7th October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

ieh4f is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help in playing movies in a pII 233 computer?

l could play most of avi/divx movies in my old p2 64ram 366 with mplayer2, ffdshow and directx 9c combined, but now it is down and l can only afford a p2 233, so can anyone tell me if p2 233 or lower cvan still play avi/divx movies without any problem, with the help of bsplayer, ffdshow and directx 9c?
Old 7th October 2005
BS.Player Power User

DragonFighter is an unknown quantity at this point

You must use BSplayer v0.86 build 501, directX 6 or 7 (not later) and windows 95 or 98 (not 2000 or ME or XP).
Search the forum
Old 8th October 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Perhaps read my old Help-to-Help post.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 8th October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

You must use BSplayer v0.86 build 501, directX 6 or 7 (not later) and windows 95 or 98 (not 2000 or ME or XP).
Search the forum

are u sure? l cannot play any divx movies with full screen in my old p2 366 by using directx 6(l have windows 98 SE installed)
Old 8th October 2005
BS.Player Master

In as far as I know BSPlayer requires at least DirectX version 7.

(For VMR-9 (i.e. "Video Mixing Renderer 9", i.e. a part of DirectX 9 which replaces the Overlay Mixer and Video Renderer) it is obvious that version 9 is required.)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 8th October 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Try ro use 501, and install only XviD 0.92 or 1.02 and enable support for generic MPEG4. Seen it working excelent on slow computers.
Also FFDshow can handle smoothly files on that configuration but with a poor quality.
Sorry to ask, but in my country you can't buy any more so slow computers. P3@750-800 MHz is the slowest at around 40-50 $. Are you sure you can't find something better ?
Old 12th October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

so that mean l can play the files smoothly on a p2 233 computer?
Old 12th October 2005
BS.Player Master

Not all,but some of them.
Old 18th October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

ok l have just bought a notebook with cpu of AMD-K6-2 processor 450 MHz and 196 ram, the guy who sold it to me told me that it is as fast as a p3 computer, but l cant play the same movie smoothly, even with ffdshow, directx 9c and mplayer 6.4, while my old p2 366 with only 64 ram can, with the same three softwares used, l am so pissed now, either that guy lied to me or something else is wrong, could someone tell me how fast exactly is AMD-K6-2 processor? what is the equalent Intel CPU of it? Intel PIII? and what about its Mhz? is it the same Mhz used in intel pentium?
Old 19th October 2005
BS.Player Master

AMD K6-II @ 450 MHz runs like an Intel P III @ 450 Mhz. It runs with a 100 MHz FSB and the multiplier 4.5. Used to have a 500 MHz and never had any problem with it. Something is probably wrong on your notebook.
Old 21st October 2005
BS.Player Power User

trodas is an unknown quantity at this point

Crappy movie can be played smoothly on half the speed machine you mention. But such movie is 640 pixels wide Xvid/DivX thing.

It is a great information to share with us about what kind of movies are you planing to use.

The HDTV stuff (typicaly TS stream with mpeg2 ac3 movie inside, bitrates from 15 (low IQ crap) to 45MBi (you can got bonner from this IQ :) ) and 1920x1080i at 29.976 fps require something over PR3200+ with decent gfx card (9600 or 6600) that support the decoding greatly, othervise almost insane sounding 4500+ machine is need to get rid of jerking.

A middle ground could be a WM9 video, 1440 pixels wide and requiring above PR 2500+ to play w/o jerking. Very fast (talk aout X1300+ in Radeons or 6800LE in GF cards) GFX card to make the decoding run at about 50-60% of CPU time on my PR3800+ machine is a requirment as well.

Low end could be a DVD image, with is 720 pixels wide, widescreen enlarged to 853 pixels wide mpeg2 stream at top 10MBi bitrate and bellow average image quality. Expect 40-50% CPU time on PIII/800Mhz to be need - assuming that the card can open a YUV 422 overlay (often incorrectly mentioned as DVD decoding support...)
Old 22nd October 2005
BS.Player Master

HDTV file at 1920x1088 runs ok on my laptop with Centrino 1700 on intel extreme graphics2 64 mb shared, smooth, using Elecard MPEG2 decoder and Elecard audio decoder. But it has no HDTV output to try it on TV. My desktop has such capabilities, running P4@2400 with an X700/128 MB. I will try to see how HDTV out is working anh how much CPU it requiers. And I think intel extreme graphics don't have MPEG4 decoding support..

DVD video files can be played smoothly on 400-450 machines with 100 MHz cpus such as P III and AMD K6II, K6 II+ and K6 III
Old 30th April 2006
BS.Player Newbie

xSpAzZx is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude, Trodas, I just had to comment. My P4C 2.4 ghz machine with 512mb of RDram and an ati Radeon 9800 can play 1080i twice over with processor use to spare.
Old 30th April 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpAzZx
Dude, Trodas, I just had to comment. My P4C 2.4 ghz machine with 512mb of RDram and an ati Radeon 9800 can play 1080i twice over with processor use to spare.
And your point (in this old topic "help in playing movies in a pII 233 computer") exactly is .....?

Tags
233, computer, movies, pii, playing