Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10th January 2006
BS.player Regular User

Mark Blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Slight Seek Problem!

Hi Guys! First off I want to say how great of media player BS Player is! Super Great software! Now here's my slight problem. I really don't think this is a problem with the player itself, but here goes: Recently I have noticed my XVID videos were having a momentary pause when I used the seek bar to move foward in the movie. When I moved the seek bar ahead to the middle of the movie, I have been getting a noticable "Pause" before my movie resumes again. I did some checking and found out it was just my clips that have AC3 audio. I have reaaly never noticed this small glitch before when using the seek bar. Now one more thing to add to the equation, I recently intalled the AC3 Decompresser a few days ago, and that is when I started noticing the problem with the seek delays. I don't know if I need to tweak my filter priority, install/uninstall, or what. It isn't really that big of deal, I can deal with the slight pause, but it would be nice to get a fix on what is causing this. I am using the 1.36 version of the player. Also I switched skins a couple of days ago,(I have been using the same skin for a year), so I don't know if this might be the culprit that is causing this. Anyway, any advice or tips would be appreciated! Thanks!!
Old 10th January 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Hi Mark Blue!
Never read a post with such a consciousness on how and why BSplayer started to have problems :shock: :)
Unfortunally I don't have XviD files with AC3 audio.. but it seems to me you answered all the questions by yourself (at least you auto-suggested few hints :lol: )
You can try to roll back to your previous skin, to uninstall your recently installed AC3 Decompressor, to raise BSplayer/Filter priority..

I saw you on the forum quite often in last two days, and now I know why (well, I think this was the reason :roll: ) :)

Try all this things (maybe it's better one by one) and let us know how your PC behave
Old 10th January 2006
BS.player Regular User

Thanks for the response Tizio! I will give it a go once again to see what the deal is. I guess I should start using MP3 sound instead of leaving AC3 audio when I encode a movie. I have just started recently to encode videos with avi.NET and have gotten great results with my encodes. I have been keeping the AC3 audio instead of converting the audio to MP3. The files are larger this way, but I do like the Ac3 sound! I do believe I will start converting to MP3 to see how that goes! Thanks again Tizio!! BS Player Rocks!!!
Old 10th January 2006
BS.Player Master

I always encode audio streams in MP3 and I always had great results.. maybe try to use 192Kbit/sec instead of 128Kbit/sec with MP3 audio, but quality is really great! I've never tried with multi speakers systems, but I think that the quality/size ratio is really better with MP3s.. A friend on mine also pointed me to ogg encoding, but I never had time to try that :roll:

Take a look at www.doom9.com that sita has a great guide section and the forum is full of expert users
Old 10th January 2006
BS.player Regular User

I always have kept my AC3 audio because I like the sound, but another reason is that It always plays in my Philips 643 stand alone player. I have heard and read horror stories from people that have trouble playing VBR MP3 audio on their standalones. Avi.NET is a cool software encoder being that their MP3 audio conversion is strictly CBR MP3 audio instead of VBR. I know alot of people haven't had any problems with VBR encoding, but I like to play it safe, especially after an all-night encode and then the thing won't play on my standalone! I am going to give Mp3 audio a try!! Thanks again Tizio for your tips!
Old 11th January 2006
BS.Player Master

I never had problems with VBR encoded MP3s (I don't have a standalone player, but I tried my files on my friend's one)... So give it a try..

BTW I know how frustrating is to spend all the night encoding videos, and once the sun shines again find out that the file is not readable from the player :D

Bye
Old 11th January 2006
BS.player Regular User

I'm glad I'm not the only one Tizio! I have had a few mornings when I put the "New" disc in to play and it looks real good!, but wait!, there is no sound! Oh yeah, I forgot to Un-mute the player. Well, that didn't work, maybe I forgot to turn up the volume. Well, that's not it either! I finally came to the conclusion that my new disc was fried! What a way to start the day! Anyway, I have encoded a few chapters using 192 mp3(CBR) and my videos play fine in my Philips 642. I haven't tried VBR MP3 yet, but all indications looks like it will work on my SAP. My Philips 642 is a nice player! The one I had before gave me all kinds of fits. I believe the European version of the Philips player I have is 632, or something close to that product number. It is so nice to be able to throw in a CD ROm disc into my player and play my videos instead of going through the process of making VCDs and SVCDs.

Tags
seek, slight