Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th June 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Tribe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bugy bspalyer pro - s/pdif problem

Hi!

I've read all topic related to this problem but no help.
I reinstalled my machine and I wanted to set up bsplayer with my Panasonic Digital Surround System, but I couldn't

I want to use S/pdif, yes I use AC3 filter, I tried all the settings but no luck. This is weird because before I reintalled my machine everything worked out quite well. I used the ac3 filter 1.01 and I have a Terratec DMX6 Fire soundcard. It seems to me that bsplayer won't use the s/pdif, even my windows media player can handle s/pdif or even windows media player classic... I don't really understand the problem. When I check the filter settings during the playback it shows that the ac3 filter uses only the anloge output, althought I check S/pdif option. This is really an annoying problem, I liked bsplayer but maybe I have to move on.

Help would be pleased.
regards
Old 18th June 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bugy bspalyer pro - s/pdif problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribe
Hi!

I've read all topic related to this problem but no help.
I reinstalled my machine and I wanted to set up bsplayer with my Panasonic Digital Surround System, but I couldn't

I want to use S/pdif, yes I use AC3 filter, I tried all the settings but no luck. This is weird because before I reintalled my machine everything worked out quite well. I used the ac3 filter 1.01 and I have a Terratec DMX6 Fire soundcard. It seems to me that bsplayer won't use the s/pdif, even my windows media player can handle s/pdif or even windows media player classic... I don't really understand the problem. When I check the filter settings during the playback it shows that the ac3 filter uses only the anloge output, althought I check S/pdif option. This is really an annoying problem, I liked bsplayer but maybe I have to move on.

Help would be pleased.
regards
Where did you selected the S/pdif output? In BSplayer settings?
Those settings are relatet to InterVideo AC3, NOT to AC3 Filter, so if you want to use the spdif output with BSplayer I think you have to install InterVideo AC3
Old 18th June 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

There have been more versions of AC3 filter 1.0xx (even with the same number and character!). I have no expercience with those 1.0xx versions (other than very short) and am still sticking to good old and trusted version 0.70b. Perhaps you could also give it a try?
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=18715#18715
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 18th June 2006
BS.Player Newbie

It works fine with 0.7, but in 0.7 I can't define wich channels I wan't to use with s/pdif. This problem is very interesting, because it worked before.

Maybe I try other 1.0xx versions
Old 18th June 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Does anybody know something about ac3filter_1_02a_test8.exe? It works fine for me, everything works ok with it
Old 18th June 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

From what I read and see
( http://www.free-codecs.com/screensho...creenshots.htm )
it should work for you, but unfortunately I cannot test at the moment!

Anyone ?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 18th June 2006
BS.Player Power User

grendizer is an unknown quantity at this point

I understood Tribe solved his problem by installing ac3filter_1_02a_test8.exe.
I use ac3filter_1_02a_test8.exe without any problem so far.

Tags
s or pdif