Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th July 2006
BS.Player Newbie

cmw000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jittery video

I have the latest xvid codec installed but xvid videos are jittery on bsplayer. I don't know what other information to offer. Please help.
Old 28th July 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jittery video

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmw000
I have the latest xvid codec installed but xvid videos are jittery on bsplayer. I don't know what other information to offer. Please help.
Your latest XviD codec is version ??? You're using BSPlayer version .....? What is shown under Options > Filters > Advanced in BSPlayer when playing such movie? Some info on PC? Please read items (1) to (4) of my Help2Help-post.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 2nd August 2006
BS.Player Newbie

psingman is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, that's because Bsplayer doesn't play those files properly. I don't know why everyone is using this player as from all these posts you can tell it can't handle most of the newer files. In fact, sometimes it doesn't even play them at all, or really slowly, and jittering, like you mentioned. Just redo the Bsplayer so all users of Windows from 95 to XP can use it...can't be that difficult. psingman
Old 2nd August 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

@psingman:
We have no such experience. To the contrary: BSPlayer plays whatever avi/divx we've tried. Probably a codec/filter question.
However, YOUR problem is that you apparently cannot read properly or you do not bother to follow suggestions and/or you don't give answers to questions asked:
http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29500#29500
http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29501#29501
http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29778#29778
So don't tell nonsense in this forum simply out of frustration!
:?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 2nd August 2006
BS.Player Newbie

cmw000 is an unknown quantity at this point

@Peter
My Xvid codec is version 1.1 final. I believe that is the latest version.

My player is BSplayer Pro 2.00 build 937.

When I play the jittery video file, the filter list reads as follows:

+Default DirectSound Device
+AC3Filter
+ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder
EQ
+MPEG Layer-3 Decoder
AVI Splitter
Source

@psingman

In this case you would be correct; BSPlayer isn't playing my file properly. However, I'm not sure what would lead you to believe that a player that has been around for so long would be unable to play one of the most popular video codecs today.

It doesn't sound as if you have installed the program yourself. You offer these words: "Just redo the Bsplayer so all users of Windows from 95 to XP can use it...can't be that difficult." From your rough grouping of words I think I managed to grasp your suggestion but what I fail to see is how your suggestion could possibly help me especially given your lack of experience with this software.

@Peter

I uninstalled ffdshow: problem solved. I shouldn't have had it installed in the first place I suppose. I've heard that it is somewhat complicated and can cause problems if you don't know how to configure it. Thank you for directing me to the filter list as that is what prompted my uninstallation of ffdshow and the subsequent end of my xvid woes.
Old 3rd August 2006
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point

Ffdshow (libavcodec) is one of the best free decoders around. Maybe you had checked unneeded post-processing options (deband, deblock…) and your CPU wasn't fast enough for that. If you mess up the configuration badly you can try to uninstall and reinstall ffdshow.

Tags
jittery, video