Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   Frame advance (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/8139-frame-advance.html)

Anthony2816 26th January 2007 04:48 AM

Frame advance

Is there a way to step forward and backward through a paused video one frame at a time with BSPlayer?

adicoto 26th January 2007 05:04 AM

Yes. Stop the video by pressing space and then use left/right arrow. This feature depends on the video decoder used to playback the file. Sometimes it doesn't work.

Anthony2816 26th January 2007 08:37 AM

Thanks!

Is it possible to make a skin with buttons for this? I've only found buttons that make it jump 10 seconds in each direction.

Tizio 26th January 2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony2816
Thanks!

Is it possible to make a skin with buttons for this? I've only found buttons that make it jump 10 seconds in each direction.

You can make your own skin, or edit an already made skin to fulfill your needs.
Go here and search for a skin of you preference, then (if it hasn't that feature) either follow skin documentation guide or use my SkinMaker to add that feature ;)

Anthony2816 26th January 2007 05:45 PM

I've actually made skins before. I just haven't found button functions to do a frame-by-frame movement like you can with the right and left arrows.

Tizio 27th January 2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony2816
I've actually made skins before. I just haven't found button functions to do a frame-by-frame movement like you can with the right and left arrows.

You need to use the Seek backward/forward action :wink:

Anthony2816 27th January 2007 10:49 PM

Thanks, Tizio. I'll look for those functions.

BSPeter 27th January 2007 11:57 PM

As referref to in my Help2Help-post:
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=14574#14574
:wink:
BSP_Rew=14; Seek Backwards
BSP_Forw=15; Seek Forwards

DevilMan 7th March 2007 09:44 PM

I've been problems with that Pause step back/fort.

I remember that different month ago I could it ad will without ANY kind of problems. Now there is no way to make it work with any kind of movie or vids I use.

Any of you have some sudgestion about how to fix that problem? Cause the pause and the little step forth and back was totally aswesome to take clear screens

BSPeter 7th March 2007 10:16 PM

As mentioned under MISCELLANEOUS item "(b) I wish to capture screens, but ... " of my Help2Help-post:
Quote:

Frame by frame?
Pause movie and use right (and left) arrow keys to step through the movie
(Depends also on the possibilities of the decoder/filter used!)
What codec/filter(s) is BSPlayer using when you're experiencing your problems?
(Perhaps read last line of item (3) of my Help2Help-post.)

DevilMan 7th March 2007 11:19 PM

I read it already and I understood it's a codec problem but still I would like to understand which one does that and which one does not.

I'm using the fddshow since ages. Long before I never had problems cause I remember that the Pause funcion worked propely, maybe it's the update of the codecs that ruin it?

Should I go back to plain dvix pack?

Tizio 11th March 2007 04:32 PM

I don't know it this can be a solution, but for seek problems sometimes re-registering quartz.dll do the trick..

DevilMan 11th March 2007 05:22 PM

I can try that, can you tell me how to do the re-register?

BSPeter 11th March 2007 06:14 PM

http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15157#15157

DevilMan 11th March 2007 06:51 PM

Thanks.
Just tried but it's like before, when I pause the video it's just move of one frame ahead and then nothing more. It doesn't move backward, just forth of 1 frame and nothing else...

How I hate that, it was so good to pause and find the right frame to capture :(

Tizio 11th March 2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilMan
Thanks.
Just tried but it's like before, when I pause the video it's just move of one frame ahead and then nothing more. It doesn't move backward, just forth of 1 frame and nothing else...

How I hate that, it was so good to pause and find the right frame to capture :(

When you pause a video you can just go forward from the point where you paused it. Then you'll be able to come back, but only 'till the point where you paused the movie.

If this is not your actual problem, maybe check the Keyboard shortcuts in BS.Player preferences (CTRL+P -> Key definitions & WinLIRC -> Seek Backwards)

DevilMan 11th March 2007 09:51 PM

I know that too.

I was just saying this:

I run a video.
I stop the video.
I can ONLY move a frame forward and cannot even go backward

Dimkom 7th May 2007 09:35 AM

It would be very good to have that feature - to do frame by frame movement forward and backward. Sometimes you really need to play some videos frame by frame. I can remember, a few years ago I was using that feature a lot, but now it doesn't work at all. :(

BSPeter 7th May 2007 09:59 AM

Could you try using "Overlay mixer" as "Rendering mode" under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video > [Video rendering]

Dimkom 7th May 2007 02:22 PM

Yes, I did.
But it works in a different way. It moves forward or backward one by one second, but not frame by frame. :(
Can you guys help me, please? I really need that feature. :wink:

BSPlayer v.2.12 b.941