Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st February 2009
BS.Player Newbie

nunya is on a distinguished road
Default A not understood audio sync issue w/ MKV

Been very, very happy with BS.Player. Have used it for years. Just got one little problem I cant quite nail down...

Have had this occur with several .mkv files from alternate sources... they may or may not have been encoded by the same ppl but thats neither here nor there. The only thing that they really share in common is dual audio tracks.

So here it is.... the longer the file plays the further the audio comes out of sync (oos). Pause it, play it, audio restored (momentarily) to quickly start to go oos again... some files more quickly then others. Tried the ctrl+shift+l/r to try and fix it... took me and my slow wits a little space to realize that it not so much a band aid as a thought of a possible pretend band aid to be named at a later date, maybe.

Normally it is occurring with just one of the two audio streams, but sometimes both.

Now it isnt always oos in the samy direction. The lions share of them, the audio is spooling faster than the viz. A fraction of them is reversed ie faster viz than sound. And though I havent.... yet, gotten anal enough to do time test of disparity rates... gods forfend the geek in me. To my semi-casual insection there seems to be differing rates of separation between videos.

Anyone got a clue?
Old 21st February 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

At this moment I think we don't have enough info. SO please provide:

- CPU on your computer
- Sound card
- Operating system.
- Witch filters are used to decode the files (play the file ->rightclick ->options -> filters )
Old 21st February 2009
BS.Player Newbie

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Cpu, Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
SoundCard: Sound Blaster Audigy
Filters: ... um.. excuse my ignorance, but there are several objects under this heading. They are Default DirectSound Device with entries I will pass on if you so wish , AC3Filter v1.46, and Source reads as Haali Media Splitter v1.8.122.18. If I can provide more information please don't hesitate to inquire.

The only codecs I currently have installed are the K-Lite Codec Pack. I was one of those who had to remove all others to get Fallout 3 to function correctly.
Old 22nd February 2009
BS.Player Master

You missed one filter, the video decoder, probably CoreAVC,
At this oment I can think at 2 problems. One, you don't have the SATA drivers installed for your hard drives. Second, your sound card driver it;s creating problems. This can be determined by: decreasing hardware acceleration in soundcards control panel and by selecting in BSPlayer's audio configuration menu another output device (for example: default directsound device)
Old 22nd February 2009
BS.Player Newbie

I failed to list those entries that were grey'd out: EQ and CSDecoder. I cannot select either one, thus cant give any information. My appologies, I should have made note of it in the previous post.

I do have the most current SATA drivers installed for my drives... I think. I use DriverDetective and run it twice a month to keep current.

BS.Player preferences are currently set as System Default. I assume that would be my Audigy. I will try setting it to another. Question: should alter it in which, AC3 decoding use or Output device... My gut says Output but I figured I'd better inquire.
Old 22nd February 2009
BS.Player Master

Of course your gut was right ;)
Old 25th February 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Well... regardless of how right my gut was... Anyway, I've gone into properties(advanced) for my soundcard and have tried every possible combination of the two available (Hardware acceleration 'n Sample rate conversion quality) and have noticed zilch effect.

I've also gone thru each of the option I have for Preferences\Audio\Output: Sound Blaster Audigy, CyberLink Audio Renderer, Default DirectSound Device, Default WaveOut Device, and DirectSound: Sound Blaster Audigy.... no successes with any of these either.

Then I went back through the listed preferences once again also including every variation of the two slider mentioned earlier, No Joy.... I am ashamed to admit it, but what I've done to circumvent the problem is to run the various file thru AlltoAVI and created a new .avi to watch instead. Even this has some quirks. With all the .mkv files i've done this way I've had to either force no skipping of frames or hardcode each frame individually. After which the exsisting audio track sync'd perfectly..... so I'm thinking its a viz problem.

I will keep futzing with it, hope that down the line this all will help somone.

And many thanks adicoto, really.

Tags
audio, issue, mkv, sync, understood, w or