Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th June 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Zananaboa is on a distinguished road
Cool EVR Renderer

I've just downloaded the new version of BSPlayer Free (2.41) and when the program start, I receive the following message:

"Overlay is not compatible with Aero. Switching to EVR renderer. You can still switch manually to overlay rendering (under Options - Preferences - Video - Video rendering tab)."

When I click "OK" this message/window closes and BSPlayer start running "Umek - Posing As Me".

The "old" version didn't bring this message and didn't start a sample song either. What is that and how can I do to make this message does not appear anymore and this song does not start?
Old 9th June 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

The new version detects your OS (Vista or Seven) and sugests the best rendering methode for this OS which is considered by BSPlyaer's proggramers to be EVR.
Now, once this selection is made, it's saved into a configuration file. But it seems that you don't have the privilegies to save such a file (so my vote is that you run Vista with UAC turned ON) so the next time BSPlayer starts, does this selection again. Same thing with the media file included.
Probably the best solution is to turn OFF UAC, from control panel.
Old 9th June 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
The new version detects your OS (Vista or Seven) and sugests the best rendering methode for this OS which is considered by BSPlyaer's proggramers to be EVR.
Now, once this selection is made, it's saved into a configuration file. But it seems that you don't have the privilegies to save such a file (so my vote is that you run Vista with UAC turned ON) so the next time BSPlayer starts, does this selection again. Same thing with the media file included.
Probably the best solution is to turn OFF UAC, from control panel.
Thanks for the explanation.
Now... What is UAC? You see... English is my second language and I'm not a computer expert (at all!), so if you could help me again, I'd appreciate.
And yes, I've got Windows Vista.
Thanks again!
Old 10th June 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

UAC is User Account Control, a safety measure introduced in Windows Vista that doesn't allow to make changes to your environement without strict permision. So, to acces some functions you must disable UAC. To do that go to control panel -> user accounts and here you have the option to "Change user accounts control settings".
I am currently running Windows Seven and I'm not sure it's exactly the same window, it may be sligthly different.
See also:

Change default rendering mode?

To run a program as an administrator, right-click on it and choose this option.
Old 10th June 2009
BS.Player Newbie

It's working properly now.
Thanks a lot!

Tags
evr, renderer, umek