Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 8th October 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Default MP3-Album Art in Media Library

http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-ta...html#post45801
(This post perhaps also is somewhat related to the effect that this user possibly was also using a BS.Playlist instead of BS.Media-Audio under Media Library. This possibility surely isn't intuitive and seems confusing for users (including i.a. me, otherwise I would have thought of this possibility at the time of this post))
It seems that presently "Album-Art (Covers)" of mp3 titles in Media Library are only shown when the files are (added to library and) manually selected under "BS.Media-Audio".
It doesn't automatically update when a next title is started from the library/list.
Also it doesn't show, if (in Media Library) a BS.Playlist (e.g. Current playlist) is chosen from which the titles are selected/played.
Can it be realized that
(1) in BS.Player Media Library the Album art shown under BS.Info is updated when a next title starts; and
(2) that the album art (cover) also shows from a playlist when selected in Media Library.
I realize that this second issue is more trivial as that isn't the intention/purpose of this "playlist"-functionality in Media Library.
Perhaps it would be an idea to instead use the space of BS.Info to show some form of "help-text" when no BS.Media but a BS.Playlist is selected. Simply something like "Playlist mode (text replacing BS.Info)
To use full Media Library features: add titles from a playlist to the library and select the appropriate category under BS.Media (above)."
I think such text (which IMHO doesn't represent a big programming effort) would make the use of ML considerably more intuitive.

P.S.:
For audio an optional separate (resizable?) window, only showing the album art (or if absent perhaps visualizations/fractals or e.g. a nice 'skin' with a BSP-Audio logo and some info of the file playing), while main+ML-windows are minimized would be an ultimate feature (=3).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
art, library, media, mp3album