Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th May 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Povasmcfail is on a distinguished road
Question Albums and Artist doesnt show in the library. Help!

I love Bs Player and i have probably used it for over a year now, but i got a problem right now.
I recently formatted my harddrive. So i reinstalled Bs player (after i installed windows xp sp3 on my computer.) and started adding my old mp3 files to the library again.(i had them on my portable harddrive.)
But now the artists and albums doesent show for my songs anymore.
I've looked around on the internet, but i didnt found a solution for my problem. In fact i didnt even found any one that had, or have, my problem.
So please help me, your my last hope.
Or else i have to find another mediaplayer, and i really dont want that.
(Im using Bsplayer free)
Old 12th May 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Povasmcfail View Post
.... started adding my old mp3 files to the library again.(i had them on my portable harddrive.)
But now the artists and albums doesent show for my songs anymore
This information is contained in the mp3 files itself, so if it doesn't show, it probably isn't inthere.
In Media Library rightclick on the file and select 'Properties'. Anything shown under [File info] [ID3v1] and/or [ID3v2] tags?

If not: try if [Update from file] (button at bottom left) changes something.
Or (if nothing there) add the info yourself and click on [Write to file].
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 13th May 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Povasmcfail is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
This information is contained in the mp3 files itself, so if it doesn't show, it probably isn't inthere.
In Media Library rightclick on the file and select 'Properties'. Anything shown under [File info] [ID3v1] and/or [ID3v2] tags?

If not: try if [Update from file] (button at bottom left) changes something.
Or (if nothing there) add the info yourself and click on [Write to file].
Well i've tried the "Update from file" button, but it doesnt work.
And although the fields are blank in the file info,ID3v1 and ID3v2 (including the Titel field.), the Titel still shows, its only the album and artist thats "invisible".
and if i try to change anything and save in those fields, the "Write to file" is grey.
The mp3 files are not set to read-only (dont know if thats the right translation, but i hope you understand anyway.)
What i dont understand is that it is the same files that i had in my old Bsplayer media library, and back then the albums and artists names showed.
I've tried to use and play the mp3 files in the Windows Media Player, and it works fine, all the names are working as they should be.
I've also right clicked the mp3 files and checked the properties of them there.
All the names are correct there too.
I hope you understand my typing, and excuse me if my grammar or spelling is incorrectly, because english is not my "main language".
I thank you for you help so far, although it didnt fixed my problem.

//PovasMcFail
Old 13th May 2010
BS.Player Master

Could you perhaps upload somewhere an example mp3 and place a link here?
(Overhere all info is shown in BS.Player's ML as may be expected.)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 14th May 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

And maybe also a printscreen posted here will be good.
Old 8th October 2011
BS.Player Master

Sorry that I didn't think of this possibility at the time, but probably you're using a BS.Playlist under Media Library. The data which are stored inside the mp3-files don't show when using a BS.Playlist. They only show using BS.Media-Audio for files which you've added to BS.Player's library first. (The BS.Playlist can (i.a.) be used as a source to add titles to the library.) Similar to the Album-art issue from this thread: Bs player mp3 album Art Cover ??

Tags
albums, artist, library, show