Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 17th February 2008
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

http://www.bsplayer.com/forum/viewto...?p=34647#34647
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 18th February 2008
BS.Player Newbie

LeaVer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Explorer context menu modifications

BS.Player should have an option to disable context menus in Windows Explorer.

:idea:

It’s really annoying when any program try to add some things on the O.S. without ask if the users really want them.

If this kind of things will keep happening, BS.Player soon will become another QuickTime or RealPlayer… Pure trash!

Just a suggestion for the Webteh developers: Try to keep this excellent software light as usual, improve video/audio features and O.S. compatibility, if it’s necessary, and this program will continue as the best player in the world!

Regards, Leandro.
Old 30th September 2008
BS.Player Newbie

user01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Preferences Window

Merge tabs of setting hotkeys for windowed mode and fullscreen mode in Preferences window into one. And maybe implement such behavior that the hotkey assigned to windowed mode by default works in fullscreen mode, too, if it has not been specifically redefined for the latter mode.
Old 1st October 2008
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Try to use my BSP Definitions Manager (link in my signature)
Old 15th November 2008
BS.Player Newbie

l0newoofie is an unknown quantity at this point

vista compatibility!
Old 28th December 2008
BS.player Regular User

Womanizer is an unknown quantity at this point

BSPlayer was always my favorite player. And still is. Most of the time I don't use any others.

But one thing I never figured out is why all versions (including the 2.34 Pro Build 980, released on December/2008) do not support (natively) DVDs.

I mean, how odd is that - MPC from Gabest, which latest released version is dated from March/2006 it's capable of playing DVDs right from the start!!!!

And this ability which should be mandatory on any player (even the bad ones) is not available on BSPlayer. Simply defies any logic that one obsolete software can perfom better than another that is being constantly updated.

Question: HD-DVDs and Blu-rays are supported by BSPlayer with and without any help from AnyDVD-HD from SlySoft? AnyDVD is the tool used to disable the HDCP and any other protections you might think of (read their website for more details).

PowerDVD/WinDVD are capable of playing BDs/HD-DVDs (for HD-DVD support on PowerDVD, read the Wikipedia entry). But they are on the bottom of my favorites list, mainly because they lack the ability of assigning keys to each function (MPC can do that, but not like BSP), among other things.
Old 28th December 2008
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

As BSPlayer it's a commercial program, I am sure there are some legal issues that apply in this situation. Like you can use Gabest filters (released under GPL) as they are free to use, but they can't implement them into a comercial program that it's sold on the market.
Old 28th December 2008
BS.player Regular User

adicoto wrote:
As BSPlayer it's a commercial program, I am sure there are some legal issues that apply in this situation. Like you can use Gabest filters (released under GPL) as they are free to use, but they can't implement them into a comercial program that it's sold on the market.

OK. Sorry if I am being stupid, but let me get this straight.

Do you (BSPlayer developers) have to pay someone (royalties?) in order to create a software capable of playing DVDs/HD-DVDs/Blu-Rays? :shock:

I know the FFDSHOW might be able to replace both the DiVX and XVID codecs. But FFDSHOW for example, it's free (and either XVID/DIVX codecs, I believe). So as should be the codec (or decoder? I always get confused) responsible for making BSPlayer capable of playing DVDs.

And correct me if I am wrong, BSPlayer is both free and paid. I believed the PRO version was doing this job from the start, but it isn't.

I mean, BSPlayer have so much potential and it's so better than the rest that is not even funny to think that is not playing DVDs/HD-DVDs/Blu-rays right from the start, and another ordinary player is doing that (like WinDVD). And I am not talking only about the DVDs released in the market, like The Dark Knight for example. Think about a DVD recorded from your birthday, family reunion, etc.
Old 28th December 2008
BS.Player Master

Free software on the market (like Gabest filters, Haali, ffdshow) can be used in any circumstances, AS LONG as money are not involved. You can't sold a comercial program that it's distributed with free software because you will violate the law.
As long as BSPlayer uses DirectShow and the filters that are programed to use DirectShow, and those filters are free, you can't implement them into the program. On the other hand, you, as an end user, you can use them. As for the DVDs, if you sell a program that can play DVDs, you must pay royalties for that. And will pay even if the team will build from scratch BSPlayer's own filters and splitters. Same thing with the new DVD formats (BR and the lately HD-DVD)
And, if I recall corectly, FFDshow can't play MPEG2 (DVD / BR format). As HD-DVD it's dead, I think we can skip it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_General_Public_License

I hope someone from the staff will come up with more precise informations about that.
Old 6th January 2009
BS.player Regular User

For the record, can any of you guys tell me what kind of codecs/filters/whatever I am going to need to install here on my machine in order to play DVDs/Blu-ray discs on BSPlayer Pro?

I am always confused about this. 8)
Old 6th January 2009
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womanizer
For the record, can any of you guys tell me what kind of codecs/filters/whatever I am going to need to install here on my machine in order to play DVDs/Blu-ray discs on BSPlayer Pro?

I am always confused about this. 8)
AFAIK HD-DVDs and BRs can't be played by BSplayer at this moment.
To play DVDs you need an MPEG-II decoder.
Read this thread
Old 6th January 2009
BS.Player Master

In the next few days, I will try to get my hands on an BR (extracted on HDD) and do some testing ;) I will try to have...in time..different ones ( MPEG2, VC1, H264)
Old 21st January 2009
BS.player Regular User

FairwayKnight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tickable playlist no pause option

Hi,
Just started to use BS.Player and really, no I mean REALLY like it so far.
But as with all apps I still have a few requests already which I will post in different replie msgs.

Couldnt find the following, but pls let me know if it's already in BSP:
Could you implement an option to tick/untick reg if BSP should put in pauses or not between playing the playlist entries.
Will be especially useful when playing MIX CD rips that are meant to be played continuously and not with pauses in between tracks.
Old 21st January 2009
BS.player Regular User

Default Multiple BSP verify new instantiation

Think the multiple BSP option is very useful. But I dont always want a new BSP instantiation to start.
Could you implement a verification question every time I want to play something while BSP is already playing something else. The verification question should be something like: "Do you want to play this in a new BSP?"
If 'No', than replace the playlist of the last started BSP with the new selected item(s).
Or have a pop up window which BSP PL should be overwritten. Would work for me too.

And of course an option to configure if you want these verification questions or not... 8)
Old 21st January 2009
BS.Player Master

Something like: "you are sure that you are sure that you surely want that ?" ? Not even M$ programmers didn't think about that.
If you don't want this options, disable "allow multiple instances" and when you clik on a file it will be opened instead of the file was playing.
Old 23rd January 2009
BS.player Regular User

Mmm, see where you're coming from and understand your reaction.

What I actually mean to say is that the 'Allow multiple instances' option now actually works as 'Force multiple instances', since every time you want to play something a new instantiation of BSP seems to be started, which is a lot less appealing option to me.

I was looking for an option to get out of that loophole. But if there are better suggestions pls bring 'm on.
Old 23rd January 2009
BS.Player Master

For now, maybe disabling multiple instances will help. So, if you want the file to play instead of the one that was playing, just open it. If you want to play as the next file, rightclick and select "enqueue in BSplayer"
Old 29th January 2009
BS.Player Newbie

itooriziu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hey

First of all I just wanna say BSplayer is the best player ever
you do a great job every new release
A little feature that is very necessary is a hotkey/shortkey of font size.
It's very annoying to increase/decrease the font size every time through the
menu and I think a hotkey for that will be very helpful.

hope to see this feature in the next release...
10x 8)
Old 29th January 2009
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road
Default BS.Player subtitle font keyboard shortcuts

"A little feature that is very necessary is a hotkey/shortkey of font size.
menu and I think a hotkey for that will be very helpful. "

BS.Player already has the option to create a shortcut for subtitle increase and decrease, but (in 2.34 and older versions) you have to define it by yourself in Shortcuts (Increase subtitles font, decrease subtitles font). In new version 2.35 we will set default shortcut to increase/decrease subtitle size to Ctrl+Num+ and Ctrl+Num-, respectively. ;)
Old 29th January 2009
BS.Player Newbie

itooriziu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BS.Player subtitle font keyboard shortcuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ico-man
"A little feature that is very necessary is a hotkey/shortkey of font size.
menu and I think a hotkey for that will be very helpful. "

BS.Player already has the option to create a shortcut for subtitle increase and decrease, but (in 2.34 and older versions) you have to define it by yourself in Shortcuts (Increase subtitles font, decrease subtitles font). In new version 2.35 we will set default shortcut to increase/decrease subtitle size to Ctrl+Num+ and Ctrl+Num-, respectively. ;)
ohh good to know :)

10x!!!

Tags
features or improvements