Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th September 2009
BS.player Regular User

Scream is on a distinguished road
Default Volume and subtitle correction sugestions

I have a notebook(Asus X58c).

Some movies when played in BSPlayer, have a very low sound.
When I play the same movies in players such as KMPlayer, or VLCplayer, their volume is loud enough.
KMPlayer has a volume bar of 200%. BSPlayer really needs that!
I hate it when I have to watch a movie in KMPlayer just because I can't distinguish words in BSplayer because of the volume being too low.

Regarding the Subtitle Correction feature.I've never quite found it useful.
If a subtitle is good, but out of sync, I can never make it show up correctly. That's because it's dumb.
You should make it so that when pressing CTRL+ LEFT ARROW(once), the subtitle should jump back one second.
Example: If the character says "hello" now, and the subtitle shows up that "hello" after ONE second, by pressing CTRL+RIGHT ARROW, the subtitle should show up correctly.

I've found tons of working subtitles, but with a few seconds of delay. I've tried sync-ing it for ages(pressing ctrl+ left arrow once, waiting to see if it's right, pressing it again, after that pressing ctrl+right arrow, and so on).

I'm a BS Player user for years now and I've never used any other player.
It trully is the best player, BUT it needs some features added/modified!

On an other note: You should really trim out the right click menu. It's huge!
The EXIT should be on the bottom of the menu. Just above exit, it should be About. And above About, it should be BSPlayer forum link(you should really consider removing this). And all 3(or two) should be in the same group(group = just like "about" and "bsplayer forum" links are grouped together), with "Exit" at the BOTTOM of everything....

And an other suggestion: why not make it so that the cursor immediately disappears when entered in full screen?

Last edited by Scream; 11th September 2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11th September 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Your post concerns three items: sound, subtitles and rightclick menu.
About sound.
In another thread I posted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Did you find and use BS.Player's Equalizer (more specifically: preamp) already?
If no; try that first. If skin doesn't show a button for equalizer:
(rightclick >) Audio > Equalizer
If yes; you can further boost using a Winamp2 DSP plugin.
Also AC3 filter can be used to increase volume.
(Let us know.)

P.S.: How to find audio decoder:
(rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced > ..audio ...
About a Winamp2 DSP plugin: http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-ta...html#post14524
Another Winamp2 DSP plugin and general info on how to use these plugins: http://forum.bsplayer.com/feature-re...html#post36751
(Also: http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-report...html#post26869)

About subtitles:
You only mention Ctrl+Left/Right-arrow, but not Shift+Left/Right-arrow?: http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-ta....html#post1246
BS.Player pro version has a subtitle editor. Using this you can i.a. also adjust time and/or execute a frame rate conversion: see this post .

Right click menu:
If I remember correctly the link to BS.Player forum was added not too long ago at the request of other users.
I further leave it to a BS.Player team member to respond to your remarks.

Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 11th September 2009
BS.player Regular User

Scream is on a distinguished road

Sound: by messing around with the EQ, I did manage to get that boost of sound very much needed!
The first line doubled the volume, and now I am a very happy guy(using different players for each movie was really bugging me).
Thank you very much for your very helpful reply.

I now understand that all my requested features are already there, BUT() they're too hard to use. For example, I have never used the equalizer, and out of your millions and millions of users, surely I'm not the only dumb one that never thought about messing with the eq. A 200% Volume bar would be much more handy, no?

Subtitles part: The Shift+left/right keys are doing exactly what I wanted. Please pardon me for not studying the shortcut keys a bit better.

Right click menu: Why not make a page inside the BS Player Preferences menu in which the user could choose what content to show up inside the right click menu?
Something like a list of all the items present in the right-click menu, each having a check-box next to it(except for the basic ones, of course).

Now, please understand that I am very satisfied with this player(i may even love it). Now I understand that it has everything a player would need, but some features are pretty hard to discover/understand...

Best regards

Tags
correction, subtitle, sugestions, volume