View Single Post
Old 28th February 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

(Didn't you also post this same item a while ago already?)
Anyhow if video and audio are out of sync (perhaps check if this is the case in more players), this is in fact a fault in the movie-file itself.
A solution would be to re-sync the file yourself using i.a. "VirtualDub", "VirtualDubMod", "Nandub" or even an application like "AVI File info".
By doing so, you would not have to "move the audio" everytime you (re)play that particular movie.
I personnally always do so (before burning to CD) and I've always succeeded in achieving a correct sync.
E.g. when using VirtualDub you select "direct stream copy" for both audio and video and use the "auto skew correction" of the "interleaving" tab of "audio".
Maybe fiddle around a bit first to get it right and note you do not have to do the whole video to try of course; just a short piece (with voice) will do to find out if the setting you're using is OK! (Since you're using direct stream copy for both audio and video it only takes a few minutes anyhow).
Finally: if you have a movie with AC3 sound and are using AC3 filter: in AC3filter (system tab) there is also a possibility to "shift" audio.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20