Thread: DivX 6
View Single Post
Old 19th June 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

As a user of WinMe myself and as DivX® 6 (within the DivX Create bundle and DivX Play Bundle) is not supported on Windows 98 or Windows Me, I've changed the links (in both my old and new Help to Help posts) to a download page where DivX5.2.1. is still available for WinXP and Win2000 as well as for WinMe and Win98 last Friday. BSPlayer plays the DivX-6 sample movies (e.g. Revelations.divx and LastManStanding.divx) without problems (and including the multiple audio tracks/streams (provided you do not select more than one audiostream at the same time, in which case progress indication sometimes seems to get mixed up) using DivX5.2.1-codec (though other new added features of DivX6 will not be addressed by the DivX5 decoder I imagine). Anyhow, it will take some time before DivX-6 conquers the world, given the fact that loads of movies are still created today using a pre-DivX5-codec (or XviD).
So especially to Win98 and WinMe users: don't try to install DivX-6 but stick to DivX5.2.1!

(As I understand it, the .divx extension covers a container rather than a codec)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20