View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
unfortunally :roll: the new skinning method still has v1 tag :lol: so my program can distinguish between v0.8x and v1 skins, but not between v1 and v2 :P )
This - to me - seems in fact exactly the same imperfection as the fact that the languagefile still mentions version=1.00 in its heading. And it further strengthens me in my being convinced that these identical "version=1.00" remarks, which in as fas as I remember were indeed introduced with version 1.0 of BSPlayer, have always been intended to indicate BSPlayer's (main) version number (which was simply forgotten at the time that the v2. player was introduced). It doesn't make any real sence to me to use separate version numbers for a language file (without any linkage or reference to the BSPlayer build for which it is suited). This as opposed to version numbers for skins, where it is much more likely that there are more (improved) versions of skins for the same major version of BSPlayer. This however should (could) imho be indicated at "[text]" at the bottom of the skin's ini file, so that it is also easily visible when the skin is used.

P.S.:
Just checked and concluded that quite a few translators indeed use "version=..." in their language file in the same way as I also use it: i.e. to indicate the version/build of BSPlayer for which the translation was made (which imho seems the logical option).
This - by the way - includes BST for English-version 214.942:
[BSPlayer.lang]
version=2.14
Author=BST
Comment=
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20