View Single Post
Old 27th July 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie_juggernaut View Post
...it just stopped playing most videos, (Div3 error) .... had to install DivX myself this time.
Div3 is an older codec which DivX (7/6/5/4) cannot decode. (I could be done by DivX 3.11 alpha). So most likely installing DivX-codec didn't solve your problem (but only added to it?). Most probably your problematic movies are now decoded by ffdshow-filter. You can see which codec/filter is actually used by BS.Player for decoding a specific movie-file (when loaded) under: (rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced
(you can click on [+] to reveal further info; by selecting the codec/filter you can also approach its settings).

Quote:
i tried to find a manual way to activate the codec updater... where's that anyways? Could find no such thing.
As mentioned several times in this forum you can find the program codecmanager.exe inside the installation folder of BS.Player.

Quote:
i have to keep clicking on it for windows to focus on it so the keyboard will work at all with it.
Keyboard shortcut keys (whether wireless or not) should work as previously. "it" meaning control window or ...? Not quite clear to me. Is there another program that steals focus?
Maybe try: rightclick > Options > "Always on top - control window"
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20