View Single Post
Old 30th July 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

If it concerns picture-based subtitles, my best suggestion for you is to find another subtitle-file which runs at the correct frame-rate.
(Second best and considerably more time consuming is ripping the subs e.g. using one of the utilities mentioned in the last paragraph of this post and then adjust them).
However, if it concerns text-based subtitles: BS.Player Pro version has a subtitle editor which can do that (amongst other things). See the option in the middle at the bottom of this picture (frame rate conversion):

BS.Player-FREE doesn't have a subtitle editor, so you'll have to use another one. In this connection I refer to item (9) of my Help2Help-post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter, who already quite some time ago wrote in item (9) of his Help2Help-post
If your subtitles are "out of sync" you can use keyboard shortcuts to "time-shift" subtitles:
Ctrl+Left/Right-arrow:
. Subtitles time correction -/+ (VobSub subtitles dec/inc delay)
Shift+Left/Right-arrow:
. Subtitles time correction -/+ (small steps) (VobSub subtitles dec/inc speed)
(Also some skins have buttons just to do that.)
If you have BSPlayer Pro, you can also use its in-built subtitle-editor to change (text) subtitle-files permanently.
If you're using BSPlayer's Free version and still wish to permanently "time-shift" or "time-stretch" or "time-shrink" subtitles: there are several (free) subtitle-utilities available which can assist you at that. I personally always use Vladimir's subsync which is a very simple and basic utility, which does the job it is supposed to do perfectly for only three (text-based) types of subtitlefiles, i.e. SAMI, SubRib and MicroDVD or .smi, .srt and .sub. (For some indication on its use perhaps see this post).
Other subtitle utilities are (i.a.) Subtitle Workshop, Subtitles Translator or Winsubtitler (which is the successor of SubMax, the development of which is discontinued).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20