View Single Post
Old 7th December 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstoth View Post
Hi I have a big video file that has multiple episodes of a cartoon series. Any way in bsplayer to create shortcut files to the individual episodes within the movie? Example let's say there is a t_and_j_cartoons.avi file with 20 episodes of T and J (or whatever). I would like to create 20 files so that when I click a file it will play only that specific episode form the big file, say from 15:35 to 28:45. Also it should be possible to add these files to a playlist.
Any such feature out there already?
Thanks
No such feature is not there. BS.Player (surprisingly?) is a player. Not an editor. There are plenty (free) editors out there to do the job as indicated by you.
However, that being said, as a player, BS.Player has the feature of adding (and editing) bookmarks. Once bookmarks are created ([Alt]/[i]), you can jump directly to such bookmark at any time you want (rightclick > Bookmarks ... then select the number/time of your bookmark).
The function "Edit bookmarks" also gives you the possibility to add descriptions and to "[Export as chapters]". When you've done that, you can henceforth use Chapters function: rightclick > Chapters > viewer. In viewer automatically thumbnails are created. Clicking on a thumbnail will start playback at that chapter. Maybe play a bit with these possibilities.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20