View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegoat View Post
Will not play DVDs from disk or hard drive. Locks up when you try to....
...This started about two weeks ago. It was working properly till then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegoat View Post
...There is no way to see what codecs are being used when trying to play DVD cause the program locks up.
... I open DVD files from folders or DVDs.
When I gave some info about how to establish which codecs are actually used by BS.Player for a specific video-file, this was an extension of my reply to your question "Under Video should those be greyed out?" and not within the context of your DVD-problem!

Further I asked HOW you (what do you do to...) actually load a DVD.
Your reply in fact simply repeats what you already told in your first post.

Sofar you also still didn't tell us what version/build-nrs of BS.Player you're referring to.
Also if you maybe installed/uninstalled any (video-related) programs since "about two weeks ago" and the date of your first post.

You no doubt are aware that BS.Player requires an MPEG-2 decoder for playback of DVDs.
Now, do you happen to know if you still have an MPEG-2 decoder installed?
(Apparently you previously did have one installed as you said it worked before!)
(If you don't know I suggest to re-run the application codecmanager.exe, which you can find inside BS.Player's installation folder; for any alternatives maybe click here or here.)

P.S.:
Purchasers of BS.Player-Pro are entitled to get direct technical support from BS.Player-developpers-team itself (click here). Already tried that?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20