View Single Post
Old 15th May 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

You should preferably always download thru the official website.
If any of the virusscanners which are used by VirusTotal (like e.g. F-Prot) produces a false report, it will do so every time for the same BS.Player-file, also if you downloaded that from different sources. I don't see what's strange about that. To the contrary, it would be very odd indeed if it didn't. (Also: if the same BS-Player version would produce different scan-results, I would personally suspect the sites from which I downloaded.)
I repeat what I earlier said: why even ask if you don't want to believe the answer we give you anyhow? Like I said before...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Maybe read this security analysis for further reassurance:
BS.Player antivirus scan - Softonic
(on that page make sure to also click on "See a complete list of antivirus engines")
If you click to see the complete list (28 antivirus-scanners), you will see that all scanners which enjoy a good reputation are included in it (not F-Prot). If that information, together with our replies saying you that it concerns a false alarm, cannot convince you to believe us, it is clear that you simply don't want to believe us. (Maybe also read Softonic's policy)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20