Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th January 2011
BS.Player Newbie

spacegoat is on a distinguished road
Default Will not play DVDs

Will not play DVDs from disk or hard drive. Locks up when you try to.

It will play any other type of video format. At least all that I have tried.

Uninstalled reinstalled didn't help... Uninstalled codecs and reinstalled didn't help

VLC, Media Player Classic and Windows Media Player all play DVDs with no problem

This started about two weeks ago. It was working properly till then.

OS WIN XPRO SP3

Under Video should those be greyed out?

Old 16th January 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Maybe you installed a new application (or uninstalled or updated a program) around that time?
How do you load a DVD (rightclick > Open DVD ... etc)?
Apparently (looking at the picture) you're not using latest BS.Player-version.
Maybe update first.
These properties will only be functional (and not be greyed out) when that codec or filter is actually used in decoding a specific movie.
To find out what codecs/filters are used for a specific media file, please load it and then
(rightclick>) Options > Filters > Advanced
Clicking on the [+]-signs in front of the codecs/filters will reveal further info and access!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 22nd January 2011
BS.Player Newbie

The reason not the newest version is because after I install new version is when the problem started. So I uninstalled new and install older version that was working with no problems to see if that made a difference. Which it didn't.

There is no way to see what codecs are being used when trying to play DVD cause the program locks up.

Why dose all the other players have no problem playing DVDs. I open DVD files from folders or DVDs.
Old 22nd January 2011
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegoat View Post
Will not play DVDs from disk or hard drive. Locks up when you try to....
...This started about two weeks ago. It was working properly till then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegoat View Post
...There is no way to see what codecs are being used when trying to play DVD cause the program locks up.
... I open DVD files from folders or DVDs.
When I gave some info about how to establish which codecs are actually used by BS.Player for a specific video-file, this was an extension of my reply to your question "Under Video should those be greyed out?" and not within the context of your DVD-problem!

Further I asked HOW you (what do you do to...) actually load a DVD.
Your reply in fact simply repeats what you already told in your first post.

Sofar you also still didn't tell us what version/build-nrs of BS.Player you're referring to.
Also if you maybe installed/uninstalled any (video-related) programs since "about two weeks ago" and the date of your first post.

You no doubt are aware that BS.Player requires an MPEG-2 decoder for playback of DVDs.
Now, do you happen to know if you still have an MPEG-2 decoder installed?
(Apparently you previously did have one installed as you said it worked before!)
(If you don't know I suggest to re-run the application codecmanager.exe, which you can find inside BS.Player's installation folder; for any alternatives maybe click here or here.)

P.S.:
Purchasers of BS.Player-Pro are entitled to get direct technical support from BS.Player-developpers-team itself (click here). Already tried that?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st May 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Default Play DVD fix

When K-Lite Mega Codec Pack were installed the wrong MPEG2 codecs were installed by default

When installing codecs be sure to select:
MPEG- DVD
ffdshow libmpeg2

This fixed the problem for me.
Old 22nd May 2011
BS.Player Master

I've always and consistenly (and in numerous posts on this forum) advised against using codec-packs!
Especially the word "pack" really makes me shiver!

Tags
dvds, play