Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 27th May 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Lele81 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Automatic detection and download of subtitles

Hi!
re: Automatic detection and download of subtitles

Great Feature and, I have a question:
when a subtitle have been downloaded....where can I find the file on my PC in order to store it with the movie? ...can't find...
Thanks!
Old 27th May 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Online subtitles question
Old 9th September 2009
BS.Player Newbie

slimer is on a distinguished road

C:\Documents and Settings\"Name Pc"\Application Data\BSplayer\cache
Old 9th September 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimer View Post
C:\Documents and Settings\"Name Pc"\Application Data\BSplayer\cache
Note this information was already given (and more complete for all users of BS.Player) by Tizio in his post of 14 April, in the thread as referred to by adicoto in his post of 27 May (i.e. the very post to which you reacted):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio on 14 April 2009 View Post
If you want guys I can provide you a better/faster solution (it should work for every version that supports on-line subtitles starting from v2.40+)...................................

Ok, here it is:
- Open BSplayer folder (or the BSplayer settings folder if you decided to save the settings in the user profile directory)
- Open the Cache folder
- There you should find a file with an alfanumerical name plus the subtitle file name and probably a DLSUBC extension
- End. That file should be the subtitle file. Just rename it as you wish, or open it with Notepad and see what's in there

Note: BSPlayer folder by default is %ProgramFiles%\Webteh\BSplayerPro
Note: BSplayer settings folder by default is %AppData%\BSplayer

To open those folders in Windows Explorer just click on START -> Run... -> type the above urls and press OK, or open Windows Explorer and type those urls in the address field and press Enter
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 18th September 2009
BS.Player Newbie

eagleye is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Note this information was already given (and more complete for all users of BS.Player) by Tizio in his post of 14 April, in the thread as referred to by adicoto in his post of 27 May (i.e. the very post to which you reacted):
The BS folder is on my laptop in Program Files. When I open this folder I don't see a Cache folder. Any other suggestions.

Joop.
Old 18th September 2009
BS.Player Master

Maybe try and look at the other possibility:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio on 14 April 2009 View Post
If you want guys I can provide you a better/faster solution (it should work for every version that supports on-line subtitles starting from v2.40+)...................................

Ok, here it is:
- Open BSplayer folder (or the BSplayer settings folder if you decided to save the settings in the user profile directory)
- Open the Cache folder
- There you should find a file with an alfanumerical name plus the subtitle file name and probably a DLSUBC extension
- End. That file should be the subtitle file. Just rename it as you wish, or open it with Notepad and see what's in there

Note: BSPlayer folder by default is %ProgramFiles%\Webteh\BSplayerPro
Note: BSplayer settings folder by default is %AppData%\BSplayer

To open those folders in Windows Explorer just click on START -> Run... -> type the above urls and press OK, or open Windows Explorer and type those urls in the address field and press Enter
i.e. (like posted by slimer) for you most probably:
C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Name]\Application Data\BSplayer[Pro]\cache
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 18th September 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Maybe try and look at the other possibility:
i.e. (like posted by slimer) for you most probably:
C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Name]\Application Data\BSplayer[Pro]\cache
I have Vista and there is no documents and settings any longer. I made the hidden folders visible but also there I could not find any BSplayer/cache folder. I watched Jonnhy Englsih this afternoon and downloaded two sets of subtitles but I can't find them anywhere.

Joop
Old 19th September 2009
BS.Player Master

Vista:
C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\BSplayer [pro]\

P.S. (Wikipedia):
"a cache is a temporary storage area" <> "this afternoon"
Old 19th September 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Vista:
C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\BSplayer [pro]\

P.S. (Wikipedia):
"a cache is a temporary storage area" <> "this afternoon"

Thanks. I found them.

Joop.
Old 19th September 2009
BS.Player Master

Old 14th November 2010
BS.Player Newbie

gabiochoa is on a distinguished road
Default Humm..

Quote:
You know, i did try everything you ask to do... and I can't find it...
Please, i need them :/
Old 14th November 2010
BS.Player Master

Unfortunately you do not tell what version/build of BS.Player you're using.
My last post in this thread is almost 14 months old!!
Since that time quite a few new features have been realized in BS.Player!
At this moment the most recent build is (version 2.57) beta build 1045.
In this build you can define (i.a.) the folder where the downloaded on-line subs should be stored.
(rightclick>) Options > Preferences > Subtitles > [Online subtitles]
"Save downloaded subtitles to ..." (3 main options: "Movie folder, 'Subs' subfolder"//"Movie folder"//"Custom")
I think (but I'm not 500% sure) the default setting is in a 'Subs'-subfolder of the folder of the movie played.
Please have a look at the settings in your BS.Player-build.

Tags
automatic, detection, download, subtitles