Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th December 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Dale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Playing DVD's from Hard Drive

I have 2 TB of Movies / concerts. Each movie / concert is in its own folder ..ie f:\movie_name\video_ts. Can BS Player import the folder names into a list, and if so, can I select from that folder name list to play the movie. Also, can I play the movie by default on a second monitor, leaving controls on the default monitor.

Any input here is welcome

thanks
Old 19th December 2008
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

In BSplayer playlist you can add an entire folder (right-click in playlist window -> Add directory -> remember to select the Recurse subdirectoris checkbox)
Same thing in BSplayer MediaLibrary (Video -> Add folder)

You can create different playlist for different paths and manage them from the MediaLibrary left pane, or from Playlist's dropdown menu

You can start a movie, drag the video window to the second monitor and disable the option "Don't remember movie window position" (CTRL+P -> Video -> General -> disabled by default)
Old 16th January 2009
BS.player Regular User

Hillbilly is an unknown quantity at this point

I just select VIDEO_TS.IFO and the DVD on the hard disk will play like a charm. I create links to the VIDEO_TS.IFO files for my DVDs on the hard disk to provide easy access to my movies
Old 16th January 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

@Hillbilly: If I remember correctly you're a Pro-user isn't it?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 15th February 2009
BS.player Regular User

Sorry for the delay.
Yes I am a very happy Pro-user
Old 17th February 2009
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

But probably Dale is not, and so he can't reproduce his DVD files as you can do with BSplayer Pro
Old 17th February 2009
BS.player Regular User

Sorry Tizio, in my infinite ignorance I thought that to play DVDs, from polycarbonate, HDD or wherever, BS Player Pro was the solution. All that mucking around to watch a movie, ugh!
I put my movies on HDD for ease of use and convenience.
I am also in the process of converting my movies to .mkv - good quality, smaller and you don't need the Pro version. Takes a little time is the downer. Almost a tick in every box

From now on I will bow out and let the convoluted experts reign supreme.

Cheers
Old 11th June 2009
BS.Player Newbie

seashell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
Sorry Tizio, in my infinite ignorance I thought that to play DVDs, from polycarbonate, HDD or wherever, BS Player Pro was the solution. All that mucking around to watch a movie, ugh!
I put my movies on HDD for ease of use and convenience.
I am also in the process of converting my movies to .mkv - good quality, smaller and you don't need the Pro version. Takes a little time is the downer. Almost a tick in every box

From now on I will bow out and let the convoluted experts reign supreme.

Cheers
Why not use some other free video conversion software like SUPER to convert VOB to other video files like avi wmv, windows media player or windows movie maker can play these files without problem:)
Old 11th June 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashell View Post
Why not ....convert VOB to other video files like avi wmv, windows media player or windows movie maker can play these files without problem:)
Well, so can BS.Player, but that's not the real topic of this thread, is it? BS.Player Pro can also play DVD's "DVD-style", whereas BS.Player Free is able to play the individual VOB-files. If one puts these VOB's in a playlist, the entire movie will be shown in one go (as one would expect).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
drive, dvd, hard, playing