Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BS. Player ControlBar

BS. Player ControlBar Support BS.Player by installing BS.ControlBar, the quickest way to control playback of your BS.Player - directly from your web browser! (BS.Player versions 2.29 and later)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 8th September 2008
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road
Default How to uninstall BS.Player ControlBar? (and change home page)

Step 1: Click on "Start" button.

Step 2:
in XP click on "Settings" > "Control Panel"
in VISTA click on "Control panel"

Step 3:

in XP Double click on "Add or Remove Programs"
in VISTA Double click on "Programs and features"

Step 4: Select BS.Player Control bar (click on it)

Step 5:
in XP click on "Change/Remove"
in VISTA click on "Remove/Modify"

Step 6: Go through the uninstall program.

You have now successfully uninstalled BS.Player ControlBar from your system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Alternative (thx to BSPeter):
Meanwhile found on forum.conduit.com:
How can users uninstall the toolbar?
Toolbar users can easily uninstall their community toolbar at any time with Conduit’s standard uninstall package (Add/Remove Programs in Windows, Add-on Removal in Firefox, etc.).

FireFox: as you would do with any FF add-on: Top browser navigation: click TOOLS-> Add-ons-> select the item you want to uninstall.

Internet Explorer: as you would with any windows installed component: Control Panel-> Add/Remove Programs (Programs & Features on vista)-> select the item you want to uninstall.
Old 21st October 2008
BS.Player Newbie

frugenheimer is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
Old 19th July 2009
BS.Player Newbie

majatib is on a distinguished road
Default toolbar

hey somebody pls help!
i want to remove bsplayer toolbar, i already
tried everything, as it was written in the forum. I uninstalled
even mozzilla, but it is still there!! i uninstalled the toolbar and the
progr. as well.....

thanks very much
maja
Old 20th July 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Should simply work as above indicated.
Could maybe caused by a Windows rights/privileges issue.
Do you have admin rights? Is UAC disabled?
Was Mozilla Firefox (and/or MS Internet Explorer) still active when you tried uninstalling the toolbar?
Maybe try in safe mode.
Maybe also read this thread: Can't remove BS.Player Search from firefox
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 30th August 2009
BS.Player Newbie

jaykooo is on a distinguished road

I have tried everything but can not remove the web search, please help its driving me crazy!! Im using Mozilla & Vista.
Old 31st August 2009
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Perhaps you mean that bsplayer-search.com is still set as your home page.

The solution would be to go to your browsers Options and enter desired website for your home page (google.com, yahoo.com...) manually.
Old 21st September 2009
BS.Player Newbie

lmpa is on a distinguished road

I've installed the BSPlayer and inadvertently i've also installed the BS Player Control Bar.
I've went to the control panel and uninstalled the BS Player Control Bar.
After, when I entered the net it appeared the following homepage:http://search.conduit.com/?SearchSource=10&ctid=CT1750559. The program has modified my homepage (www.google.pt). So i've went to Tools>Internet settings> General and tried to remove and change the homepage manually, but it doens't aceppt another (any) page.
The homepage that appears is http://search.conduit.com/?SearchSource=10&ctid=CT1750559 not Web Search :: BSPlayer-Search.com.
Can anyone help me? I have WVista. It's driving me crazy not being able to change my homepage.
Old 21st September 2009
BS.Player Master

Are you also using FF/Mozilla?
From where did you download BS.Player?

Found on a Mozilla support forum (I use IE myself) the following suggestion:
Type about:config in the URL bar and hit Enter.
Filter = search.conduit
Right-click and select Reset for every pref that shows.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 22nd September 2009
BS.Player Master

Meanwhile found on forum.conduit.com:
How can users uninstall the toolbar?
Toolbar users can easily uninstall their community toolbar at any time with Conduit’s standard uninstall package (Add/Remove Programs in Windows, Add-on Removal in Firefox, etc.).

FireFox: as you would do with any FF add-on: Top browser navigation: click TOOLS-> Add-ons-> select the item you want to uninstall.

Internet Explorer: as you would with any windows installed component: Control Panel-> Add/Remove Programs (Programs & Features on vista)-> select the item you want to uninstall.
Old 23rd September 2009
BS.Player Newbie

lmpa is on a distinguished road

I' ve IE7. I've downloaded it from hippo.

When I inadvertently installed the BS Player Control Bar. Immediately after, I went to Control Panel-> Add/Remove Programs (Programs & Features on vista)-> Uninstall BS Player Control Bar.

The problem is that even with the BS Player Control Bar uninstalled, still appeared the following homepage:http://search.conduit.com/?SearchSource=10&ctid=CT1750559. The program has modified my homepage (www.google.pt). I can't change it, even manually! I've tried different pages, blank page, etc, nothing! Always returns to their homepage http://search.conduit.com/?SearchSource=10&ctid=CT1750559 not Web Search :: BSPlayer-Search.com.
Can anyone give a tip on how to solve this problem?
Old 23rd September 2009
BS.Player Master

Hippo is (as far as I know) NOT one of the official BS.Player-websites from which to download BS.Player FREE.
I've IE8 (I skipped IE7 so I've never used it) and IE8 (in Dutch under 'Extra' but I think in English this would be under Tools) has something similar (management of add-ons/plug-ins) like previously mentioned for FF. I unfortunately don't know about IE7.
Are you logged on as administrator?
What is your OS? If Vista: how about UAC?
Change your Internet Explorer home page - Windows Vista Help
Internet Explorer Home Page - How to Change Your Home Page In Internet Explorer 7 - About Web Browsers
Old 18th November 2009
BS.Player Newbie

nek1973 is on a distinguished road

THENGS
Old 27th May 2014
BS.Player Newbie

Andre1 is on a distinguished road

Conduit launches new ad campaign, please be careful. Manual and auto removal tips: Hoe Verwijder Je Het Conduit Search-virus (Search.conduit.com) | Cookie Verwijderen
Old 13th September 2014
BS.Player Newbie

jjom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre1 View Post
Conduit launches new ad campaign, please be careful. Manual and auto removal tips: Hoe Verwijder Je Het Conduit Search-virus (Search.conduit.com) | Cookie Verwijderen
HELP

Remove BS. Player ControlBar
Old 23rd November 2014
BS.Player Newbie

pma27 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up REMOVE solution for IE

TO REMOVE TOOLBAR in IE completely.

Do 4 things:

1) Go to "Tools", "Manage Add-ons". In "Toolbars and Extensions" find the BS toolbar and DISABLE it.

2) Double-click the toolbar (you can do it even if it's disabled) and information about that toolbar will appear in a small window. Included in that info is the file where the toolbar is located. It's usually something that looks like this: "C:\Users\1000829036100-5215\AppData\LocalLow\BS_Player_ControlBar"
Now DELETE that!

3) Change BS page: go to "Tools", "Internet options". On the General tab, under Home page, enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page (instead of BS). You can also block trovi.com in the "security" tab.

Tags
controlbar, uninstall