Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 1st January 2009
BS.Player Newbie

gojirasan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can't remove BS.Player Search from firefox

I am running Windows XP x64 SP2. I installed version 2.34 and was horrified to find that it had messed up both Firefox 2.0.0.20 and IE. I was able to remove most of the toolbar stuff from firefox by uninstalling BS.Player and manually deleting the program directory and uninstalling the toolbar program in add/remove programs. But I cannot remove the "BS.Player Search" toolbar from Firefox. Please someone help! I hate when things modify my browser without my permission. This is driving me crazy. I have tried using Sybot S&D and the (now useless) Adaware to get rid of this browser integration without luck. Can someone please tell me how to do this manually? I am about to try to uninstall and reinstall Firefox, but I would like to be sure that I get every last bit of this scary program off my computer. Will uninstalling Firefox get all traces of this stuff off my computer? Or do I actually have to reinstall windows.Please someone help me.
Old 1st January 2009
BS.Player Newbie

gojirasan is an unknown quantity at this point

Uninstalling and then immediately (without a reboot) reinstalling firefox seemed to do the trick. The BSPlayer search bar is gone. It is back to Google again. Is there a list of all the registry entries so I can manually remove those as well? What keywords should I search for? Are there any files that are placed outside of the main installation directory that I can delete?
Old 2nd January 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojirasan
I hate when things modify my browser without my permission. ..... I would like to be sure that I get every last bit of this scary program off my computer.
Note you actually did give your permission upon installation. You could also easily have deselected it then (like I do for any program - and there are quite a few - asking (in the very same way) users to also install google-toolbar). Further: it isn't a scary program. Just read the information here and here.
Uninstalling BS.Player's Control bar could and should simply have been done by you the normal way for any program under Windows, as mentioned in this post and under F.A.Q..
(So in fact you only needed to uninstall the Toolbar (and not BS.Player).)
I don't (yet) use Firefox but can only imagine that maybe Firefox' "cache" memory (no doubt it has some form of "cache") may have played a trick on you (or perhaps an uncommon and inappropriate way of "uninstalling").

[moved this post to the correct forum]
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 8th January 2009
BS.Player Newbie

princethrone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default problem removing bs player search toolbar

please help!!!!!!!!
cnnot get the bs toolbar to go away! Have gone to --control-add/remove programmes and deleted But it is STILL coming up whenI click on internet explorer.No sign of it in the programme files or when I click on --view--toolbars.Could some kind person help me to get rid of it?thanks
Old 8th January 2009
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Have you uninstalled it while IExplorer was running?
Reinstall BSplayer, then close all your programs and uninstall the control bar.
If you still have problems post here again and I'll try to help you further ;)
Old 9th January 2009
BS.Player Newbie

thanks for your response Tizio.I have followed your advice but this has only made things worse!!BS Player has now hijacked my Mozilla firefox home page!! Please --how can I get rid of it and return to the good old days of internet explorer and Firefox? I do not want BS player but cannot seem to be able to delete it.HELP!!
Old 9th January 2009
BS.Player Master

BS.Player and BS.Player's Control Bar are two programs. You need not install the control bar to be able to enjoy BS.Player. (Simply deselect it at BS.Player's installation). As a rule you should also be able to uninstall the control bar after installation (leaving BS.Player installed) the normal way you uninstall any program in Windows (of course the toolbar is a browser plugin for IE and FF, so you should not have these browsers active when uninstalling).
@princethrone: Vista user? [Maybe UAC-related?]
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 13th January 2009
BS.Player Newbie

thanks very much for your help---have now re-installed bsplayer without the toolbar and everything working fine--i appreciate your responses.thanks again!
Old 13th January 2009
BS.Player Master

:D
Old 7th April 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Transify is on a distinguished road
Cool How to get rid of BS Player search

Hello guys,

I've just registered to share this. Reinstalling or removing BS player with various settings checked or unchecked didn't solve my problem [yes I hated BS player real good too] and I searched it through Mozilla Help. Here is the solution for both Firefox and IE:

Firefox (3.6.3):
Follow the simple steps on:
Location bar searches are redirected to another site

IE (7-8):
Go to "Tools / Internet Options / Search / Settings / Search Providers
There, remove BS Player and set your default search provider. Mine is set as Google.

Happy browsing without annoying BS player search! I really love BS Player but its embedded search...

Best wishes...

G from Istanbul
Old 8th April 2010
BS.Player Master

How to uninstall BS.Player ControlBar? (and change home page)

Tags
firefox, remove, search