Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BS.Player Skins and Skinning

BS.Player Skins and Skinning Comments on skins, new ideas, skinmaker, skinmaker documentation, or anything else concerning BS.Player skins

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st November 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Kevar is on a distinguished road
Default Skin with default windows borders

Hello!
I've got annoying possesion in customizing all my frequently used program skins to my operation system's skin. Now I would realy like to create windows aero skin for my BSplayer. My idea is here:

Is there any way how to enable default windows borders around skinned bsplayer window? Then it would be no problem to create such a beautiful skin.
For example in my Miranda IM I created skin without borders and minimize/close buttons, then disabled "layered mode". Then Miranda looked like normal windows 7 window but with skin loaded inside.
Thanks for any help or reply. Kevar.
Old 21st November 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Sample of BS.Player one-window skin
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st November 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Thanks for quick reply, but it is not, what I ment. I know about the posibility of BSP to work in one window. What I'm looking for is to enable default windows border around skinned window so I can use windows aero frame, titlebar and skin only inside this frame. Is this possible? I have read one window skin.ini many times, but still nothig :/
Old 22nd November 2010
BS.Player Master

I'm afraid only a BS.Player-team member can answer this question. I'm just a user (and translator) trying to help on this forum and I've nothing to do with the creation and development of BS.Player. I'll ask a team-member's attention to this thread.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 22nd November 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
I'm afraid only a BS.Player-team member can answer this question. I'm just a user (and translator) trying to help on this forum and I've nothing to do with the creation and development of BS.Player. I'll ask a team-member's attention to this thread.
Thanks you again. I really apreciate your activity. I've searched a lot about that problem but stil no succes. I would like to be sure that it is imposible to enable default windows titlebar and borders and than mayby I'll try to start feature request topic. I believe it is very good way to match media player and operation system and that one window skin according to my idea would make BSP my default audio and video player and I would be really satisfied with it :)
Old 22nd November 2010
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevar View Post
... I would like to be sure that it is imposible to enable default windows titlebar and borders and than mayby I'll try to start feature request topic. I believe it is very good way to match media player and operation system and that one window skin according to my idea would make BSP my default audio and video player and I would be really satisfied with it :)
I trust that one of BS.Player-team members may give you a definite answer whether it is impossible or not with BS.Player as it is now.
However, that being said, I also think that a one-window-skin according to your idea also looks an awfull lot like the dreadfull WMP.
I personally think BS.Player's separate video window, with the possibility to hide the control-panel or "glue" it to the movie window (which can be with or without borders) when you want to, is one of its strong points.
Similarly I personally have no wish whatsoever to constantly see playlist (or - for that matter - Media Library or Equalizer).
So I personally very much prefer BS.Player's concept as it is.
But - of course - that's only my personal preference.
Maybe there are heaps of users that support your personal preference. In that case I'm sure BS.Player's developpers will give your idea a worthwhile thought.
But, let's first wait for an 'official' reaction of a BS.Player team member.
Old 22nd November 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
I also think that a one-window-skin according to your idea also looks an awfull lot like the dreadfull WMP.
I personally think BS.Player's separate video window, with the possibility to hide the control-panel or "glue" it to the movie window (which can be with or without borders) when you want to, is one of its strong points.
Similarly I personally have no wish whatsoever to constantly see playlist (or - for that matter - Media Library or Equalizer).
You are righ that appearence is always matter of personal preference but wrong with WMP. I am inspired by Winamp skin called Bento which I like but I miss those aero borders. I like when applications have defined area by operation system. And for the skin: I need to know what videos I have in playlist so I can't be surprised when I play somenting to someone and I can easily switch between videos or music. Whend I watch a movie I always use fullscreen so nothing bothers me. Again -> personal preference(but I'm not alone. Two of my three flatmates use rival soft becouse it is one windowed and matches their OS etc. Third one and me use BSP becouse of it's speed, features etc.)
I enjoy BSplayer becouse it is lightweight, very customizable, configurable and capable application. And don't want to change the way how BSP looks. What I want is just add few checkboxes to options menu so it can be even more adjusted to my thoughts.
Small example from my Miranda options and how it affects skin area:

On right side you can see my miranda without windows borders. It is fully skinnable area just like BSP etc. But when you check use non-layered mode that area is surrounded by windows borders. Everything else is like before.
EDIT: I promise this is last image. Just to clarify everything :)

Last edited by Kevar; 22nd November 2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 23rd November 2010
BS.Player Master

I know BS.Player team is working on a final version to be released shortly now, so that they will most probably only revert to your question after that has happened. So I think we must be patient until then.

Tags
borders, default, skin, windows