Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 30th September 2012
BS.Player Newbie

martin is on a distinguished road
Question BSPlayer local video play from bubbleUPNP

Hi,

I use bubbleUPNP to stream video to BSPlayer. When streaming from my NAS to BSPlayer everything works fine. However when streaming from local bubbleUPNP server (i.e. files on my local SDcards) BSPlayer hangs.

I have emailed bubbleUPNP to see if this is a problem with their app and received the following reply:

"I can reproduce exactly what you describe both on my SGS and Nexus7: BSPlayer hang for a while when the video is stored on the SD card. Works when the file stored externally (NAS). It is not specific to mp4 as I could reproduce it with an avi.

I believe this is a BSPlayer issue because MX Player, VPlayer, Video Player all work instantly.

It would be worth you notify the BSPlayer team about it with steps to reproduce (it is easy).

There is the same issue with the previous version of BubbleUPnP so this is not a regression.

There is the possibility that BSPlayer doesn't play nice with BubbleUPnP's http server serving the file, but since it locks up in BSPlayer they should look into it.

Another possibly it that it takes forever to determine if it must play the file hardware accelerated or in software and is blocking at that while doing so. Since SD Card reads are much slower that a HDD's NAS, that is a possible cause."

I can confirm that browsing using BSPlayer to local storage does play the file correctly. It does seem like BSPlayer is taking a full local cache copy before playing rather than actually streaming ...

Hope you can help with this?

Thank you
Martin

UPDATE:
On my ASUS TF101(Android 4.0.3) I have same version of apps and they work correctly even when using local media - no issues

Problem is on my Samsung S3 (Android 4.0.4)

Last edited by martin; 30th September 2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: More information
Old 4th October 2012
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Will check it.
Old 7th October 2012
BS.Player Newbie

martin is on a distinguished road
Default FIXED! THANK YOU!

Hi,

I can confirm that this issue has been resolved with the latest update of BSPlayer.

Thank you for the prompt response and fix - appreciated.

M
Old 8th October 2012
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Thank you for the feedback.

Tags
bubbleupnp, local, play, video