Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 1st April 2010
BS.Player Newbie

deepset is on a distinguished road
Default Some .mkv files not working with Upgrade to Pro 2.52 build 1031

Before the update to BSPlayer PRO v2.52 build 1031 I had no issues with the .mkv files I was watching. Now after the upgrade and codec upgrades, several of the .mkv files will not play. They just bring up a black screen and show nothing. One of the .mkv files that is having that issue I was watching just before the upgrade so I know its not the file. Most of the .mkv files do work, just a few are not, and they did work before.

I did not pay attention to what version of BS Player Pro I was using before the upgrade. I am running Windows XP. Any help would be appreciated, this is very frustrating having some of my movies not working now.

Last edited by deepset; 2nd April 2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: More info
Old 22nd April 2010
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Can you send us a small sample of one of these mkv's?
Old 4th May 2010
BS.Player Newbie

rudiman is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

I have the same error from the latest update...
When I try to open some avi or mkv files, bsplayer won't play them at all. Instead it starts to search for codecs, but won't find any.

These media files are correct, and the appropriate codecs are installed and other media players works well with these files.

I think I have find the solution too. The problem is only appearing, when only one media file exist in a directory. When I put an other video in the dir, bsplayer starts to work perfectly...

So I think this bug is in connection with the playlist...

Tags
build, movies, upgrade, working