Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th December 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Snake.Bite is on a distinguished road
Default Cycle Video Streams shortcut doesn't work

Hi,

My report is that "Cycle video streams" shortcut unfortunately doesn't seem to work. Switching using Video -> Video Streams -> [stream] works just fine.

Occured during .mkv video playback (Haali media splitter 1.10.262.12)
BS.Player version 2.57.1049 (previous release too)

Also, in this new version, i don't think the new OSD design can be turned off (unchecking the "use new OCD mode" doesn't make any difference)
Old 4th December 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

There is no default shortcut for "Cycle video streams".
So you have to define that yourself under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Key definitions & WinLIRC
(this separately for 'Windowed mode' and 'Full screen mode').
When doing so, make sure you're not using a key(combination) which is already in use for another BS.Player-function!
I think that switching to the new resp. 'old' OSD mode during playback of a movie becomes only effective when a new file is started (resp. when the current file is re-started).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 4th December 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
So you have to define that yourself under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Key definitions & WinLIRC
Oh, I forgot to write that, sorry... I did assign it to 'Q' and to "shift+Q" later, both window and fullscreen modes. There wasn't any warning about one key assigned to two shortcuts like there usually is. However I checked the whole list to be sure. But assigning it didnt help...

Quote:
I think that switching to the new resp. 'old' OSD mode during playback of a movie becomes only effective when a new file is started (resp. when the current file is re-started).
You were right, thanks. BSPlayer crashed, when i unchecked the option and closed the file to reopen, but after I resterted the application, everything works just fine.
Old 4th December 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

[Q] and/or [Shift][Q] should work as far as I can see.
Sorry I can't test video streams for the time being.
Can any other user please test?

P.S.:
Are the key settings saved or have they gone the next time that you start-up BS.Player?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 4th December 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Are the key settings saved or have they gone the next time that you start-up BS.Player?
The shortcut settings persists, although I can't figure out in which file are shortcuts saved atm. (I didn't find any reference to any shortcut in BSPlayer.xml). Nevertheless, the shortcut settings do work (even for other functions, like middle mouse button for pause). When I exit BSPlayer and start it again, the 'Q' shortcut gets loaded to the list in preferences dialog properly.

I'll try to create some sample multistream .mkv file later today (Its 3:40am here) and upload it somewhere, so more people will be able to test this issue.

EDIT: Ok, I've decided to create the test file now.
Here is the link (rapidshare.com, ~3MB, .mkv)
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/434772151/3_video_streams_test.mkv
Flipping through the menu works, but shortcut doesn't

Last edited by Snake.Bite; 4th December 2010 at 04:00 AM.
Old 4th December 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Weird. I am using Gabest as MKV splitter and BS.Player opens all the streams in a different video window (of course, two of them are ActiveMovie)
Old 4th December 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Well, I used jpeg files, converted them to separate .mkv using AVS Video Converter and then joined the .mkv files using mkvmerge from mkvtoolnix package. I'm using Haali media splitter, and this codec handles the "files" in .mkv container as separate streams, or at least are recognised as streams by BSPlayer...

Tags
cycle, shortcut, streams, video, work