Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th April 2003
BS.Player Newbie

alanza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More than one subtitle stream

Hi, I've been looking for an easy way to add subtitles to divx movies, and so far direct vobsub has been real good, I use it along with BSplayer. My problems start when I have more than one subtitle stream, because the only way I have to make directvobsub start along with BSplayer is by giving the .srt the same name as the .avi, so when I have two streams (spanish and english) or even worse four streams (normal spanish/english plus forced subtitles in each language) I have to put each stream in a different folder, as I can't have 2 or more files with the same name, and tell directvobsub to look in all those folders. The actual problem comes when I playback, as I don't have a way to tell directvobsub which of all the streams it should use at start (I still haven't made a lot of divx's, but usually it chooses english over spanish, and forced over normal), so I have to manually go to the task bar, right click the directvobsub icon and choose from 4 different choices, all with the same name, all this every time I restart the movie; and it gets worse as I always use 2 or more discs when compressing a dvd, so every time BSplayer switches to the second cd, I have to tell directvobsub once again which stream to use, as it always reverts back to whatever it chose as default.
I use SubRip for the subtitles, and output as .srt, I wonder if the problem lies there somewhere. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

A.Lanza
Old 17th April 2003
BS.player Regular User

Movieman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default subs

Why don't you put all subs in one place (where your avi is), give them all different names and use bsplayer INI files to launch the movie with any combination of language + subtitles?
For example, if you have 2 audio streams (English & Spanish) and 2 subs (English & Spanish), you will need 6 INI files to have all possible combinations.
And if you spend some time to create an autorun menu, you will be able to change language & subs (or turn them off/on) while watching the movie, using the bsplayer right-click menu.
Old 17th April 2003
BS.Player Power User

scotty81 is an unknown quantity at this point

you don't need 6 ini files but just one:

FName=name.avi
audioName1=english
audioName2=spanish

[Subtitles]
sub1=english|english.sub
sub2=spanish|spanish.sub

and you can get all audio/sub combinations!!
and 1 ini file.

much easier
Old 17th April 2003
BS.Player Power User

Quietseb is an unknown quantity at this point

if you don't care about ini files/want to use directVobsub rather thant bsplayer's subtitles renderer, having the files named as follow should work fine:

mymovie.avi
mymovie.ennorm.srt
mymovie.spnorm.srt
mymovie.enforce.srt
mymovie.spforce.srt
Old 17th April 2003
BS.Player Newbie

1)Thanks a lot, this works just great. But now I have a new problem, when I start the movie by double clicking the .bsi (I guess this is the only way for your method) I lose the ability to restart the movie at the last point it was before, now it always starts at the beginning.

2)Another question, when I was using directvobsub I was able to use anti-aliased text, but with BSPlayer it doesn't work, even if I "enable" the setting. I don't think it's related, but I can't enable any of the two overlay modes, neither works and #2 usually crashes BSPlayer. I use win98se, and a TNT 16mb vidcard (old drivers as they have proved to be the fastest), pIII450, 256 ram; any ideas?

3)In the .bsi file, whereas for the .avi directory path I can use just a "." for subs directory I have to type the full path, and that's a problem if I ever change my drive letters, say I put a 2nd HD, then any CD-ROM's I have would require me to manually tell BSPlayer what .srt to use, not good.

Thanks in advance.

A.Lanza

PS: I'll try the direct vobsub method just mentioned
Old 17th April 2003
BS.Player Power User

Quietseb is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanza
3)In the .bsi file, whereas for the .avi directory path I can use just a "." for subs directory I have to type the full path, and that's a problem
Code:
[subtitles]
directory=.
sub1=truc|truc.srt
this should work fine (at least that's what I've ever used)
Old 18th April 2003
BS.Player Newbie

I've already tried putting just " .\" and it doesn't work, it seems to need the full path.
Old 18th April 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Hmmm.. weird, I tried it again and it does work, nevermind

Tags
stream, subtitle