Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 29th March 2003
BS.Player Newbie

wekurtz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BSPLAYER v0.86 problems

Hi.

My BSPlayer 0.86 does not display correctly subtitles from .SRT files. They are shown in other character set than the default for my country (Spain).

Also, a question:

Why BSPLAYER is not able to show "colour controls" over all videos?? Windows Media Player is capable to do it woth the same files... Personally I hate this other player, but If you choose to show "video controls", they will appear and work over every movie, independently of its codification (DivX, XVid, MPG...).

Thanx in advance,

WEKurtz-----------------
Old 31st March 2003
BS.Player Power User

Quietseb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BSPLAYER v0.86 problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekurtz
My BSPlayer 0.86 does not display correctly subtitles from .SRT files. They are shown in other character set than the default for my country (Spain).
This issue is addressed in the FAQ (and many many times on the forum)
Old 31st March 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

With respect to the second issue raised by you:
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic....b9c8356c7#3228
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 2nd April 2003
BS.Player Newbie

wekurtz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default That link fails!

Can you post it right? Thank you!!
Old 3rd April 2003
BS.Player Master

Strange that the link fails; there is nothing wrong with it; it simply links to another reply by me, reading:
Quote:
Another possibility (when Color Controls cannot be used as they do not appear) is to right-click on the video screen, choose "Properties" (at the bottom) and then the active video decoder. It is not unlikely that it has controls for (i.a.) brightness.
I agree it is no direct answer to your question, but it is a possible other "route" to tackle the "problem" of videos which you e.g. would rather play somewhat brighter (by using the controls of the employed video decoder itself.)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 3rd April 2003
BS.Player Power User

Quietseb is an unknown quantity at this point

the address of the forum is http://forum.bsplayer.org , not http://www.bsplayer.org/forum/

I can't understant how you managed to get this link (with the full session id and everything) without making it up :lol:

(btw there's no need to add your session id in the link; fortunately it does not allow one to take over you identity :P)
Old 9th April 2003
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietseb
I can't understant how you managed to get this link (with the full session id and everything) without making it up
Simply by positioning the mouse pointer over the tiny icon immediately to the left of "Posted:" followed by a right mouse click and copying the link!

(so I didn't "invent" or type the forum's address there either; in fact I didn't even look at it otherwise I would have seen this oddity, as I quite well know the url of the forum as stated by you; I only checked if it worked and it did at the time; not now anymore though, so I changed it)
:roll:
Old 30th April 2003
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietseb
I've meanwhile found out how I came to copy in my link the address of http://www.bsplayer.org/forum/ :

Go to http://www.bsplayer.org's download page and choose "visit the forum" on that page :!: :?:
Old 25th May 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Greatwolf is an unknown quantity at this point

what if the active codec doesn't have any contract/brightness controls to tinker with? Or perhaps one of you guys can make a list of the common video codecs that's sure to have those controls?

Thanks

Tags
v086