Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

PIPE??O is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problems with MPEG playback

When I try to jump to a certain time, it indicates the right time, but it goes to the beginning of the video again. I don't know if you get me :?
For example, I try to jump to the 3rd minute of a video and BSPlayer indicates that I'm at 03:00, right? but the playback goes back to the beginning of the video.
Really weird and annoying bug, 'cause I want to make captures of my MPEG videos and I have to watch the whole video to take captures from a certain time :(
Old 28th September 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Do you happen to know which Mpeg codec you're using?
I know this bug was reported earlier, but it seemed to also depend on the version of the Mpeg codec used. So maybe upgrading to a newer Mpeg codec could perhaps do the trick?
Further, if you just wish to move on to certain times in the movie to capture some screens, can't you (instead of "jump to") pause, then draw the "progress slider" to the right to the (approximate) point in the movie, and then unpause to resume playing till you reach the point where you wish to capture the screen.
If that works you need not have so much patience and waste time to see the whole movie to reach those points.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 29th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

With "jump to" i didn't meant i was using the Jump to time option :D I use the progress slider.
The thing you told me didn't work, same thing happens :(
How can i see what MPEG-1 codec version i have?
Old 29th September 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Either use e.g. Avicodec (see Help to Help hereunder) or maybe you can find out by right-clicking on the video window, select "Properties" and then the Mpeg video-decoder.
(I have a strong feeling that the Mpeg decoder/filter you're using is causing your problem so that you must upgrade (or perhaps even downgrade) it or find another Mpeg decoder to replace it; by using "Search" you can find - if necessary - several links.)

PS:
Please also check you're using the latest version of BSPlayer (see Help to Help)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 2nd October 2003
BS.Player Newbie

I got AVIcodec, and I see this in the Codecs & Filters / DirectShow window:

Name: MPEG Video Decoder
Version: 6.05.01.0902
Vendor: Microsoft Corporation

And now...? :roll:

Oh! Also I have a MPEG-2 paid codec, but same thing happens in BSPlayer, so I think this isn't a problem of the codec, it's a problem of BSPlayer with the MPEG format :?

Tags
mpeg, playback