Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

davor_p is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Captions on overlay in theater mode on Radeon 9600 pro

I have radeon 9600 pro with latest (I hope) ATI drives (Catalyst 04.1 as per Display properties page). BSPlayer is 805.

The problem is that displaying Captions and/or OSD is not working when video is showing on Overlay surface (TV output) in ATI Theater mode (full screen video on TV when ever movie is played)
I have tried changing all of the overlay settings in BSPlayer and the only one that is actually producing full screen video on TV out is combination of Overlay mode 2 (overlay mixer) in BSP plus Theater mode in ATI overlay properties page - other overlay mode combinations are not displayed in full screen.

Everything works ok when rendering to primary screen either window of full mode, both captions and OSD are showing.

At the same time subs and OSD are show in window or full screen primary display but only video is on TV.

I believe I have tried all of the possible settings without affect :(
Does anyone else have this problem, or knows a solution?
Is this perhaps a bug in BSPlayer?

Thanks,
Davor.
Old 18th February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Sebastian Rooks is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a 9500 Pro and it's the same problem.
Basically the only luck I've had with displaying movies and subs on TV-out is with the old BSplayer in overlay mode 2 AND the Vobsub plugin.

But with the new BSplayer the VobSub does not initialize, and it's not much fun watching asian movies, without understanding a word.

Would it be possible to let the new BSplayer support .smi subs as well and be able to draw them to the TV output like VobSub does? If so The new BSplayer pretty much supports all my needs, and I'll ship you 10 bucks for a great product! :-)

Tags
captions, mode, overlay, radeon, theater