Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th August 2005
BS.Player Newbie

wiz011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it a bad joke or what? (nightly builds)

From your "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING" topic:

Quote:
New users can download BSPlayer from the official download page of BSPlayer's creator bst; the top half of that page concerns BSPlayer's Pro version and the bottom half concerns BSPlayer's FREE version).
Existing users of BSPlayer can upgrade at the special Pro-version update page or the Free-version update page
But... For "Free-version update page" username and password are required, but without any infos about registration. Where I can register for permission for that "free" page?
Old 12th August 2005
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

It's not a joke, it seems (if I remember right the old page) that the page has changed for some reason...

For registration go to this page (DOWNLOAD SITE at bottom): http://www.bsplayer.com/index.php?p=download
Old 12th August 2005
BS.Player Newbie

wiz011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tizio, thanks a lot. :)
Old 12th August 2005
BS.Player Master

You're welcome
Old 12th August 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it a bad joke or what? (nightly builds)

The lines in my "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING" topic read exactly:
Quote:
New users can download BSPlayer from the official download page of BSPlayer's creator bst; the top half of that page concerns BSPlayer's Pro version and the bottom half concerns BSPlayer's FREE version).
Existing users of BSPlayer can upgrade at the special Pro-version update page or the Free-version update page
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz011
For "Free-version update page" username and password are required, but without any infos about registration. Where I can register for permission for that "free" page?
No there's no bad joke or what (at least not by me; maybe by you? :lol: ). I think you must have clicked on the first (left) link, which is for Pro-version and therefore indeed requires (email=)username and password, instead of on the second link, which is for Free-version (and which does not require a username and password, whereas you should click "I accept the terms of this license agreement" though). The link as given to you by Tizio actually is the same link as mentioned by me in the sentence "New users can download ...(etc)" (on that page "nightly builds" are not made available though).
Further the "registration" as referred to by Tizio is available at both the last-mentioned page as well as on the Free-version update page, but it does not concern a required registration for using BSPlayer; instead it is only an optional registration if you wish to subscribe to BSplayer's mailing list to receive an email-notification of new releases and other news related to BSplayer.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 14th August 2005
BS.Player Master

Meanwhile (also following up on Tizio's remarks by p.m.) further tested on my wife's PC, on which (surprise! :)) BSPlayer is also installed, and then indeed when clicking on "Free-version update page" I was also presented the page asking "Email (username) and password".
This indeed seems inappropriate.
Therefore moved the topic to bugs section.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 14th August 2005
BS.Player Master

Thank you BSPeter for the "in-depth" tests
Old 19th February 2006
BS.Player Master

Free version update page still (or again?) requires username and password.

Tags
bad, builds, joke, nightly