Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 17th January 2008
Junior Member
BS.Player Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
theofer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default [CONFIRMED] Font script changing when editing subtitles

Suddenly, after months of use, the subtitle editor start showing Gibberish signs instead of Hebrew (and maybe other unicode languages?) while editing. None-touched subs displays correctly, and even when I delete whole lines there's no problem, only when modifying inline Hebrew text. With English subs, everything is alright.
The font script set correctly to Hebrew. As advised elsewhere, I removed the Windows update KB943460, but with no use.
I'm using XP SP2, and BS Pro 2.26.956 (updated recently from 2.23.953).
Added below a before and after picture.



Thanks ahead.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 15th June 2008
Junior Member
BS.Player Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
torpedo7gr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I have the same problem with my Israeli friend, although mine is with Greek subs.
I didn't have this problem with the BSPlayer 1.39 I used before I upgraded.
Now I have the 2.24.954 version.
When the subs are displayed without any modification by me, everything is ok as shown at the first attachment "not_edited.jpg".
After I edit the text in a line, I get gibberish at the bottom of the editor. For example in the second attachment shown "edited.jpg", I removed a a little of the text from the end of the line and you can see the results. The script is correctly set to greek.
Is there a solution to this prob?
If you want any extra details, please feel free to ask me.
I use windows XP with sp2.
Thank you in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg not_edited_172.jpg (61.3 KB, 24690 views)
File Type: jpg edited_157.jpg (66.0 KB, 24690 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10th January 2009
Junior Member
BS.Player Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
theofer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

*bump*

Bug still continues in v2.34
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10th January 2009
Moderator
BS.Player Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Romania
Age: 51
Posts: 5,155
Rep Power: 27
adicoto is on a distinguished road
Default

Bug confirmed. After editing a line, the script into the editing window switches from the default one (central european for example in my case) to one that doesn't support specific chars.
Downloading version 980 to verify it.

LE: Confirmed in ver 980 too.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10th January 2009
Junior Member
BS.Player Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
theofer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

OK, thanks. The question mark at the header made it unclear.
Hope to see a fix soon :)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
changing, editing, font, script

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20