Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20th February 2008
BS.Player Newbie

deafff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default always on top, key for increase saturation (hw)

Hi, I have two problems with BSPlayer atm...

- always on top doesn't work at all, window doesn't stay on top, if using always on top overlay mode, the video window stays, but it's click-through, not movable or resizable
- key for increase saturation (hw) doesn't work, although decrease (hw) and all other hw controls work fine, increasing it from color dialog works too

Version is 2.26 pro (also on previous versions, at least 2.24), tried all renderers, ffdshow 1850 feb 6 2008 (earlier version tried too).
Old 20th February 2008
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

In regards to HW color controls it's everything related to your graphic card, maybe try to change video drivers.
As for the always on top function.. I have no problems with it, are you using "Always on top" or "Always on top-controls window"?
The first is for the video window, the second one is for the controls only, so if you want both of them to be always on top, you need to enable both of them. As for "Always on top overlay mode" it's meant to work like that, the video window is kept drawn on the overlay surface instead of in a gui window, so the video stream is directly outputted to monitor by the graphic card, no other windows that prevent you from clicking through is present :roll:

But if you still have problems you can ask to BSplayer authors to help you directly since PRO customers are entitled to direct e-mail support ;)
Old 20th February 2008
BS.Player Newbie

You probably didn't read my post too carefully - increasing saturation with color controls dialog works fine, therefore it obviously works with my drivers. what doesn't work is the keyboard shortcut for it.
I know the difference between always on top and always on top - control window, and of course i'm using the right one, and it doesn't work.
Old 21st February 2008
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

For the increase saturation problem have you already tried to change the keyboard shortcuts in BSplayer preferences (CTRL+P -> Key definitions & WinLIRC)?

For the always on top problem I don't know how to help you since I have no problems with it..

Try to contact BSplayer support team through the PRO customers channel :roll:
Old 21st February 2008
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: always on top, key for increase saturation (hw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafff
key for increase saturation (hw) doesn't work, although decrease (hw) and all other hw controls work fine, increasing it from color dialog works too
All HW-color-control-keys are initially undefined. So if you did not define one so-far there simply is no shortcut-key for HW-color controls. It is also possible that you assigned a double function to the same key, which is causing the problem. Note keys should be defined separately for for windowed mode and full screen mode. Check out this post: http://www.bsplayer.com/forum/viewto...?p=18591#18591
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 22nd February 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Nevermind, I reinstalled bsplayer and configured it again, and now both functions work. I guess there were some changes in configuration or something.
However, it seems that brightness can be increased only to 7.6 with keyboard shortcut?
Old 23rd February 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Also, increase hue (hw) hotkey doesn't seem to work.
Old 26th February 2008
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
...it seems that brightness can be increased only to 7.6 with keyboard shortcut?
Nope, no problem here to increase to 100.
Quote:
Also, increase hue (hw) hotkey doesn't seem to work.
Nope, no problem here. Can increase to 180.
Like I mentioned before: maybe your keydefinitions are not unique?
Other users?
(Tried using Elecard for mpeg2 resp. DivX5.2.1 for divx/xvid)

P.S.:
In fact I can increase beyond 100 (but brightness actually stays 100) respectively way beyond 180 (actual "Hue" apparently "cycles" using hotkey).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 26th February 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Yes, key definitions are unique, increasing works after all, but only to 7.6, even though setting those with color dialog works fine.

Maybe this happens with ffdshow only, could you try it with ffdshow as a decoder instead?

Tags
increase, key, saturation, top