Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2008
BS.player Regular User

shorto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BsPlayer 2.32 Build 975 craches while opening files

Hi all!

From the beginning that I updated my BsPlayer to the version mentioned in the title (BsPlayer 2.32 Build 975), most of the files I want to play simply makes bsplayer crash;

What can I do all the codecs are installed and everything worked on the old Bsplayer version so how can I fix this?

Cheers,
shorto
Old 23rd November 2008
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

To begin with: download and install latest version up to now, i.e. 233.
Then please give more info on "most of the files".
(Please read i.a. item (3) of my Help2Help-post.)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 24th November 2008
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

And also a picture of "show bug report" could be useful.
Old 24th November 2008
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Forgot to mention: when installing BS.Player allow it - when prompted - to download and (locally) install the codecs/filters it reports as missing/outdated.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 3rd December 2008
BS.player Regular User

I installed the new version and it's the same or better said now it crashes while playing the same files (any HD files) but when I exit bsplayer not in the middle. I downgraded it to the version I have before both of these and everything works fine now, guess no more bsplayer updating for me.

BSPeter I have all ticks at that screen, so everything is installed.

It's a shame that even bsplayer is going down with bugs, the only software from my country I was proud of :).
Old 3rd December 2008
BS.Player Master

Probably BSplayer is trying to acces Nero's decoding filters and crashes. That's why I asked for a picture of the bug report.

I am playing for years HD content with no problems. With the proper filters installed ;)
Please, help us to help you.
Old 3rd December 2008
BS.player Regular User

There we go screenshots of the bug reports this time bsplayer crashed immediately after I tried to load a file;

If you need anything lese please let me know, I'll glagly post more :).
Old 3rd December 2008
BS.Player Master

My guess, at this time is that you have installed both ffdshow and another H264 decoder. Splitter.ax is probably the filter that fails. Can you tell us it's location or some other details ?
I would personally sugest to uninstall ffdshow, install CoreAVC decoder and Haali media splitter, and together with AC3Filter, should have no problems.
Old 3rd December 2008
BS.player Regular User

speedtrap is an unknown quantity at this point

splitter.ax = Haali Media Splitter

So first you say it it the fault of the splitter. Then you recommend installing exactly that splitter. Makes no sense.
Old 3rd December 2008
BS.Player Master

There are many files called splitter.ax ;)

That's why I asked for it's location, to be sure with what we are dealing. Haali's splitter it's not my favourite (I am sure you all know that) but I can't deny that it's better and better every day and that all players developp a large support for it. And, the fault can came from the fact that FFDshow and anothe H264 decoder are trying to decode the same stream (that's why disabeling H264 support in FFDshow it's widely recomended at this time)
Old 3rd December 2008
BS.player Regular User

speedtrap is right it's Haali Media Splitter, i tried disabling the H264 support in fddshow but the result is the same as if haali media splitter crashes.
Old 3rd December 2008
BS.Player Master

So, either update Haali media splitter or uninstall it an install Gabest Matroska splitter. See if there is a difference.
Old 4th December 2008
BS.player Regular User

reinstalled Haali, and the result was the same. Installed Gabest Matroska splitter and the situation is the same (of course I uninstalled haali before i did that) any other ideas?
Old 4th December 2008
BS.player Regular User

speedtrap is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
And, the fault can came from the fact that FFDshow and anothe H264 decoder are trying to decode the same stream (that's why disabeling H264 support in FFDshow it's widely recomended at this time)
That is impossible with DirectShow. The H.264 decoder with the highest merit will get used. Two decoders will never be used for decoding the same stream.

These filters get used by millions of people and they don't have the same crashes. So it is something specific to Shorto's PC. Perhaps the crashing files are corrupt (due to bad download, damaged RAM, or whatever).
Old 4th December 2008
BS.player Regular User

I've just given up, Installed the old BSplayer version and everything now works fine. :) Like I said in the post above, I just simply won't update bsplayer and everything will work normaly or I'll just play them in MediaPlayer since they work fine there :).

Tags
975, build, craches