Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20th June 2009
BS.Player Newbie

bricyn786 is on a distinguished road
Default Cannot uninstall BS player 2.41 free

I installed BS player 2.41 free on a friend's laptop, a Toshiba Satelite model number M55-S3314.

She did not like it and asked me to uninstall it. To my astonishment, the program cannot be uninstalled. I have tried uninstalling it via Control Panel 'Add Remove Programs' and via the BS Player uninstall via the start menu.

In both cases, the uninstall begins and then freezes on

Execute: "C:\Program Files\Webteh\BSplayer\bsplayer.exe" "-UNIS" "2" "3" "4" "5".

Having recommended BS Player to this friend, I feel responsible to remove it as she has requested.

I have found a thread with the same problem, but no real solution other than the tedious and unreliable one of manually deleting all registry entries, so I'm posting this again in the hope that someone will respond with valid information.
Old 20th June 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Did you have sufficient rights (in Windows) to uninstall?
BS.Player simply uninstalls like any decent program.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 23rd June 2009
BS.Player Newbie

bricyn786 is on a distinguished road
Default can't uninstall BS Player

Yes, administrative rights...

The program installed OK - it worked OK. Its just very cumbersome for my friend who wants a very simple player that can handle DivX, Xvid, H.264, Mpeg-2 video without having to download codecs, change config settings etc.

She liked VLC much better, so I've put that on for her and she is a happy camper. However, it just bugs her that I can't remove BS Player.

The uninstall program starts normally like it should....then the system freezes.

Brian Jacobs - bricyn786@yahoo.com

Tags
free, player, uninstall