Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th March 2011
BS.Player Newbie

polymorpher is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Add Sound Volume Amplyfication to the main interface.

I saw the equalizer AMP options buried in the menu.

But why isn't a simple thing added to the slider volume controller?
Push it to a point its 100% of original you push it some more and it goes extra.
You can figure out the presentation on your own.

The least of which you can do is make the amp optional or default on the mouse scroll volume control.

That way people don't have to interrupt their film every time they need a little extra sound that their current output can't provide.

Not that ALT+G is somehow in the next universe but it isn't exactly user friendly either.
Old 10th March 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Are you using base skin? What's hidden about its Equalizer-button?

Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 10th March 2011
BS.Player Newbie

True I'm not using the default skin but you still have to open an entire menu to adjust sound and interrupt your self. And let me tell you when you got a sweat thing going on with the girlfriend the last thing you want is menu windows popping in to spoil the mood.

Its still stands that its reasonable to add at least optional AMP control to the mouse wheel controlling. Seriously who needs an entire equalizer? We don't use BS to play DJ with. We use it to have peace of mind - Not download and manually install annoying codec packs and sweeten the deal with an occasional subtitle being found directly by the player.

Other than a bit extra user-friendliness and usability players don't have much to compete on.
So if you'd rather people migrate from to so say VLC or something else when they end up needing a convenient amp that you don't even have a hotkey for its all the same to me. I don't have software for sale.

Overall a serious amount of internet traffic is replayable media. Half of it is pirated, and half of that is pathetically ripped and encoded. So I'm not the only person who's going to fall short on sound. But let me not cut into your marketing, I'm not getting paid for that.
Old 10th March 2011
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Yes, VLC has this option (up to 400% if I recall correctly), but its Volume control "philosophy" is completely different from the one implemented in BSplayer (or at least it was last time I checked)
What can be implemented in a matter of seconds in BS.Player (please, BST, correct me if I'm wrong) is a key definition for "Increase/Decrease Preamp volume" which affects EQ preamp slider.
This way you can assign (as an example) the "mouse wheel UP/DOWN + left click" shortcut to that action (just in case you want to preserve the wheel scroll for the volume actions)
Old 11th March 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Well you have to have something that does not answer "Here's a cow." to "I need so milk..." especially when somebody is watching their film.

Optionality is important I couldn't care less if you default it or not.

And speaking of hotkeys.
For god's sake people.

Do something with the ridiculous menu.
You are totally embarrassing your software.

Its like some lazy ass programmer took all the key bindings and poured them into a kitty litter box with alphabetical order.
Seriously you can't even CLEAR a key binding? How lame is that?

The least you can do Is add a clear key function and sort the key bindings in a relative manner so people don't have to traverse the menu for two relative options that ought to be next to each other.

You would even look more professional if the GUI sent the user to a 1 line notepad file for the key configs. Having a dysfunctional GUI for the job is just vile and sinister.

I was thinking of starting an entire thread for that. Its just embarrassing.

Last edited by polymorpher; 11th March 2011 at 02:13 AM. Reason: typo, typo , and more typo

Tags
add, amplyfication, main, sound, volume