Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 27th February 2004
BS.player Regular User

ZanderZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Synchronise audio

It would be great if there was a way to synchronise the audio with the film, like you can do with subtitles.
I have a videofile where the audio is a bit off. This is really annoying when watching the movie, so if there could be an option to 'move' the audio, that would be great.
Just like the subtitles, which you can make appear sooner or later, but then for the audio...
Old 28th February 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

(Didn't you also post this same item a while ago already?)
Anyhow if video and audio are out of sync (perhaps check if this is the case in more players), this is in fact a fault in the movie-file itself.
A solution would be to re-sync the file yourself using i.a. "VirtualDub", "VirtualDubMod", "Nandub" or even an application like "AVI File info".
By doing so, you would not have to "move the audio" everytime you (re)play that particular movie.
I personnally always do so (before burning to CD) and I've always succeeded in achieving a correct sync.
E.g. when using VirtualDub you select "direct stream copy" for both audio and video and use the "auto skew correction" of the "interleaving" tab of "audio".
Maybe fiddle around a bit first to get it right and note you do not have to do the whole video to try of course; just a short piece (with voice) will do to find out if the setting you're using is OK! (Since you're using direct stream copy for both audio and video it only takes a few minutes anyhow).
Finally: if you have a movie with AC3 sound and are using AC3 filter: in AC3filter (system tab) there is also a possibility to "shift" audio.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 28th February 2004
BS.player Regular User

ZanderZ is an unknown quantity at this point

No, my previous question was about pre-viewing avi files...
I'll try it with VirtualDub, I already fooled around with it a bit, but I had know idea where to look. Now, I think I can correct it.
Bedankt :)
Old 29th February 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

My pleasure!

(Graag gedaan)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 11th March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

JFZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Synchronise audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanderZ
It would be great if there was a way to synchronise the audio with the film, like you can do with subtitles.
I have a videofile where the audio is a bit off. This is really annoying when watching the movie, so if there could be an option to 'move' the audio, that would be great.
Just like the subtitles, which you can make appear sooner or later, but then for the audio...

I would request this too. My former player "Crystal Player Pro" could do this too. It was called "automatic Audio Synchronisation"
I have some movies on CD where after some time but not at the beginning the audio is out of synch. Not much, mostly less than one second but it is really annoying...

It is the only case where I still use the Crystal Player an I would like to get rid of it.

If it's hard to implement, of course there are more important features but I think, this player should can do everything other player can do :)
Old 16th March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Brox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default this would be useful

I agree that the real problem is with the video file, however, there are several reasons why a audio sync feature would be useful. What if I only intend to watch the video once? It can take quite a bit of finesse to sync a video with VDub. The main reason is because you can't sync in real-time with VDub. You have to start and stop the video every time you make a change the sync. It’s not worth all this time for a video you will only watch once. Also, to fix the audio on a video you need to be able to not only 'move' the audio stream forward and backward, but also 'stretch' and 'compress'. When you get to movies that needed to 'moved' and 'stretched' it gets very difficult to figure out. Being able to do this in real-time would extremely helpful. If BSPlayer gave some simple output of the numbers of the offsets used to sync the audio, it would be a very useful tool for fixing audio sync. And my final reason for wanting this feature is that it is MPlayer has it and very shortly MPlayer with a GUI will work properly in Windows. If BSPlayer does not keep up, MPlayer will drown BSPlayer with features.
Old 16th March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

scheherazade is an unknown quantity at this point

actaully, the problem can be with the player.

if you fast forward within a movie, and you don't klik exactly on a key frame, then the video will stand still for a while and then continue once the place has been calculated from the last key frame.

in the mean time while the video is stnading still, the audio is playing like as if the video was still going.

and they get out of sync.

BUT had you watched the video from the beginning without jumping around (or fast forwarded to exactly a key frame) the audio would be in sync.

this is an issue with very detailed files. high resolution videos with lotsa data that can take time to catch up. crappy videos don't have this issue since the video starts going a split second after you fast worward.

i've got a vampire hunter D DVD i encoded in divx 5 thats really nice quality and can take some time for the video to get going.

and in general the option to push audio forward or back would be nice.
not everyone wants to go and readjust their audio streams. esp for something they will just watch a few times and forget.

-scheherazade

Tags
audio, synchronise