Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th March 2005
BS.Player Newbie

mohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Increase Height / Width

Is there any way by which we can increase / decrease the Height and Width of the movie being played in BSplayer.
Like in MediaPlayerClassic we have
Numpad8 for Height Increase and numpad2 Decrease
Numpad6 for Width Increase and Numpad4for Decrease.

all i could find was video size 4:3, 16:9 and anamorphic ... but these dont suite my needs
Thanks
Old 5th March 2005
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Hi!
You can configure custom aspect ratios in BSplayer's settings. Got to "Preferences -> Vide -> General" at bottom you can see a box where you can set custom AR!!

Another way to obtain a vertical/horizontal resize is by unchecking "keep aspect ratio" in the BSplayer's menu under Video section, and then drag the video borders with your mouse (this last metod will affect only the movie window in Normal mode, NOT in Fullscreen).

Bye
Old 5th March 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

In full screen you can use the following key-combinations of [Ctrl]-key together with a numeric key of the numeric key-pad:
[Ctrl]/[2] : Free resize down
[Ctrl]/[8] : Free resize up
[Ctrl]/[4] : Free resize left
[Ctrl]/[6] : Free resize right
(of course unless you've redefined the default key definitions for this under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Key definitions & WinLIRC *)
In combination with using the same numeric keys without [Ctrl] to just move the screen and perhaps also using i.a. pan-in/out ([+]/[-] on numeric key-board) and/or zoom-in/out ([Ctrl]/[Up] - [Ctrl]/[Down]) you can accomplish almost anything; just experiment a bit with all these different possibilities.

(*: Note there can be separate keydefinitions for Windowed mode and Full screen mode)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 7th March 2005
BS.Player Newbie

mohan is an unknown quantity at this point

cool that worked peter :)
regards
Old 7th March 2005
BS.Player Master

Glad I was able to help you discover these features of BSPlayer!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 27th March 2005
BS.Player Power User

trodas is an unknown quantity at this point

ROFL! :lol: :o

...anyway, BSplayer, even the latest, have there some shortfall. When you try to play typically HDTV movie, witch size is mostly bigger that your screen resolution (1920x1080), then BSplayer open the movie weirdly distorted - it lost the aspect ratio :oops:

Maybe - and now we are on topic on suggestions - maybe when the size exceed the size of the screens, the playback window size should be set as 50% of original size? :roll: 960 x 540 is pretty acceptable size for window :P

On fullscreen, there is for sure not anymore any problem so far :P
Old 27th March 2005
BS.Player Master

@trodas
Curious what happens if "Anamorphic" is selected under "Video">"Aspect ratio"?

(Unfortunately I'm unable to experiment with a HDTV-movie myself)
Old 28th March 2005
BS.Player Power User

trodas is an unknown quantity at this point

Aspect ratio go FUBAR then :lol:

Look, like I say - aspect ration IS okay with the file(s), the problem is that their size exceed the size for screen, so things go wrong.
Just hiting the fullscreen button or resize down to 50% - and aspect ratio is okay again :P

Tags
height, increase, width