Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 27th December 2009
BS.Player Newbie

cryforhelp is on a distinguished road
Default Run BSPlayer as user, not as admin on win7

I've looked through the forums, and the answer to most questions that relate to windows 7 is to disable UAC and run the program as admin.
However, I don't want to do that, I like the control UAC gives me, and I don't think a media program needs admin access all the time. Is it possible to run it in some kind of 'limited user' mode? What does the program actually need admin rights for?

I don't mean to offend anyone by being a whiny first-time poster, but it's a genuine issue I'm experiencing, which might make me switch to something else.
Old 7th January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

cryforhelp is on a distinguished road

Well, that's not a lot of answer, but let me document my solution for posterity.
I've installed BSPlayer to save it's settings in the user home folder, and disabled the box "register extensions on player start". It will now start up without needing admin privileges. :)

It dit however lose all settings when I upgraded to the latest version, which was a bit of a shame, but easily corrected.

Tags
admin, administrator, rights, run, user, win7