Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th August 2002
BS.Player Newbie

matz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ATI Remote Wonder plug-in for BSPlayer (dll inside)

Hi,

I've written a plug-in for the ATI Remote Wonder and BSPlayer :) . You can download it at the end of this post.

Feel free to give me feedbacks/suggestions/bugs in the post. I will improve it on your suggestions.feedbacks.

Here is the readme.txt :
-------------------------------------

Matz's BSPlayer plug-in for ATI Remote Wonder
=============================================

Version: 1.0
README file updated on: 2002-08-04

Table of Contents
-----------------

0. Introduction
1. Installation requirements
2. Installation instructions
3. Keys

0. Introduction
----------------

BSPlayer can't natively handle the ATI Remonte Wonder (for example, it is not catching WM_APP command that is sent when using the PLAY key).

I've written a plug-in for the ATI Remote Wonder that will allow you to use it with BSPlayer.

It's the first release, there may be som bugs. Do not hesitate to tell me about, or to ask for improvments. Any ideas are welcommed !

1. Installation requirements
----------------------------

- ATI Remote Wonder ;)
- REMOTE WONDER Software Version 1.2 (or above) must be installed. You can find them at http://mirror.ati.com/support/driver...onder-1-2.html. Prior to install these drivers, you must install v 1.1 (http://mirror.ati.com/support/driver...onder-1-1.html) as it is mentionned in ATI website. You can find these drivers on the ATI website (the links were ok on 2002-08-04)
- BSPlayer v 0.84.484 (or above)

2. Installation instructions
----------------------------

- Copy the BSPlayer.dll where you want (the "plug-ins"folder of your Remote Wonder Software installation is a good place. By default, it's : "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\RemCtrl\Plug-Ins")
- Open the ATI Remote Wonder control panel (double-clic on the Remote Wonder icon in the tray).
- Go to the "Plug-Ins" tab
- Hit "Import" button
- Select BSPlayer.dll in the location you put it ("C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\RemCtrl\Plug-Ins"). Select Ok

That's it ! Now look at the Keys section to know how to use it.

3. Using the Matz's BSPlayer plug-in for ATI Remote Wonder
----------------------------------------------------------

They will be directed to BSPlayer if it is launched and if a movie is loaded (except the playlist and preference button that do not require that a movie is loded).

* Keys in the "play group" of the Remote Control (at the bottom of the Remote control) :
- Play button : play the movie and set the focus to BSplayer
- Pause button : pause the movie and set the focus to BSplayer
- Stop button : stop the movie and set the focus to BSplayer
- Next button : go to the next movie in the playlist and set the focus to BSplayer
- Previous button : go to the previous movie in the playlist and set the focus to BSplayer

* Keys in the "cursor group" of the Remote Control (where there is the small "OK" button in the center). They will work only if BSPlayer has the focus. Just press "Play" or "Pause" to give it to him.
- Left arrow : Rewind the movie
- Left arrow : Forward the movie
- Up arrow : VOlume up
- Up arrow : VOlume down

* Other keys :

- Menu button : open the playlist (or close it if already opened)
- Setup button (check mark key) : open the BSPlayer preferences window. While it is opened opened, you will be unable to control the movie (play, pause....). To close it remotely, press the "Ok" button when BSPlayer has the focus. If you can't give BSplayer the focus, press the Setup button (check mark) and then the Menu button : you will be able to press "Ok" and the preference window will disappeared, giving you back the control of the movie.
- key 1 : the movie will be half sized
- key 2 : the movie will be 100 % sized
- key 3 : the movie will be 200 % sized
- resize key (on the right of the right arrow button) : toggle full-screen
- stowatch key (on the left of the left arrow button) : add bookmark

All other buttons are ignored by the plug-in, i.e. they are directed to other plug-ins or to Remote Wonder basic functions (for example the Volume or mute button). Function keys has not been used by this plugin.

Remmember : to give the focus to BSPlayer to control it, hit the Play button. It will bring BSPlayer to the top.

The BSPlayer plug-in for ATI Remote Wonder will work even if the the Winamp plug-in is loaded. The keys will be directed to Winamp if Winamp has the focus. The keys will be directed to BSPlayer if BSPlayer has the focus. If neither Winamp and BSPlayer has the focus, BSPlayer will get the focus if a button from the "play group" keys is pressed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 346_1028478111.zip (46.2 KB, 3511 views)
Old 4th August 2002
BS.Player Newbie

turbanjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default playlist?

thanks to hi heaven for that matz. I've been working on my entertainment system for a while and you put one of the final pieces in place. I was wondering though what you meant when go to the next file in the play list? I have yet to hear about this player having a playlist. Is that a separate program. how do i access or get this playlist?
Old 4th August 2002
BS.Player Newbie

Default Re: playlist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanjones
thanks to hi heaven for that matz. I've been working on my entertainment system for a while and you put one of the final pieces in place. I was wondering though what you meant when go to the next file in the play list? I have yet to hear about this player having a playlist. Is that a separate program. how do i access or get this playlist?
It's a pleasure... For me it's a good thing too to be able to plently use the ATI Remote Wonder (it's really a Wonder).

Of course there is a plylist. Just have a texte file (with notepad for example) and name it with .bsl extension. Double clic on it or open it into BSPlayer. Or right clic in BSPlayer and select "playlist", or hit ALT + E, and then drag and drop files into it or right clic in the playlist to add a new file. Or... clic on the "playlist" button of the remote after installing my plug in !

Matz
Old 5th August 2002
BS.Player Power User

goety is an unknown quantity at this point
Default playlist!!

or click on the playlist button
in a decent skin,

find them on
www.bsplay.com
Old 5th August 2002
BS.Player Newbie

gonker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ati wonder plugin with source code

looks like you have taken the lead on this one matz .. I would be interested to see your source code if you would be up for posting it as Im new to C++ in general and also had a few issues with the AreYouInFocus method ... Im assuming you wrote this in c++.
Was this a debug dll ? seems kind of big .. anyways, if you or anyone else feel like working on using my sourcecode here it is is with the dll attached .. Its real basic but it works ..

enjoy

Attached Files
File Type: zip 327_1028569903.zip (18.2 KB, 1382 views)
Old 7th August 2002
BS.Player Newbie

Default Re: ati wonder plugin with source code

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonker
looks like you have taken the lead on this one matz .. I would be interested to see your source code if you would be up for posting it as Im new to C++ in general and also had a few issues with the AreYouInFocus method ... Im assuming you wrote this in c++.
Was this a debug dll ? seems kind of big .. anyways, if you or anyone else feel like working on using my sourcecode here it is is with the dll attached .. Its real basic but it works ..

enjoy

I'm in hollidays right now, i will try to see your source code in a couple of weeks... sorry

Matz
Old 16th August 2003
BS.Player Newbie

thibotus01 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

a button for Mute its very nescessary when the phone ringing et we want to cut the volume :-)
Old 16th August 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thibotus01
hi,

a button for Mute its very nescessary when the phone ringing et we want to cut the volume :-)
The mute button is on the remote control, without any sepcial settings or programming... :)

Matz
Old 16th August 2003
BS.Player Newbie

thibotus01 is an unknown quantity at this point

When i use the plugin Bsplayer, the button mute dont working...
Old 17th August 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thibotus01
When i use the plugin Bsplayer, the button mute dont working...
That's strange... I didn't touch at this button on my plugin.

Unfortunately, i don't have time to look at this right now...

Matz
Old 3rd December 2003
BS.player Regular User

doubleJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fullscreen volume control

For me, the volume buttons don't work when fullscreened. Is there a way to get that to work? It's only slightly annoying to have to switch to window mode to change volume, but it's quite annoying when fullscreening resets the pan/scan that I was just using.
JJ
Old 3rd December 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

@doubleJ
Please read this post.
(You probably have to (re)define your settings!)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 3rd December 2003
BS.player Regular User

bspeter...
Hoot...
Thanks...
JJ
Old 5th December 2003
BS.player Regular User

Oh...
And can it be made to where you can bind the letter buttons on the remote for this app? On a per-app basis, only Test-Test is available.
JJ
Old 5th December 2003
BS.Player Master

Don't understand exactly what you mean, but you can assign buttons of a remote to BSPlayer functions in the same way as keyboard keys.
In "Key definitions & WinLIRC" place the cursor in the appropriate box (3rd from the top at the righthand side) and press button on remote (or enter button name).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 5th December 2003
BS.player Regular User

Ok...
I'm going to have to get a little more basic with this binding stuff.
First of all, the WinLIRC box that you're referring to is grey'd out. Is it supposed to be? When I mouse over the top two boxes, they turn white. The Lirc one doesn't. Now, certain buttons do display something (like the number 7, even though I'm not hitting the 7 button), but when I go back to the movie, the button that I tried setting doesn't work.
I hooked up an ir remote to another computer to try and test straight winlirc and see what I could get working right off. I have winlirc running and am using the winamp plugin from their website and I am able to control functions of winamp, so I know the remote, receiver, and winlirc are working.
That leads me to my next question. Since winamp required a plugin, I looked in the config of bsplayer and I noticed a plugins section. Does bsplayer need a winlirc plugin before those functions activate? If so, where is it to download? I figure that if I can get it working with an actual ir remote, then it would make getting the rf remote working should be that much easier.
JJ
Old 5th December 2003
BS.player Regular User

Ok...
I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm an idiot. No one told me that the option "DON'T USE WINLIRC" is checked by default.
Hehehe...
Hahaha...
Hohoho...
Sorry to have wasted so much of your precious reading time with my stupidity.
JJ
Old 5th December 2003
BS.Player Master

:roll:
:) - - - - :P - - - - :D - - - - :lol:
That can happen to the best of us
Old 10th July 2020
BS.Player Newbie

joe4491 is on a distinguished road

BSP was one of the best media player bring some new and latest versions. It can break down all other records of media players which are used these days.

joe4491

Tags
ati, dll, plugin, remote