Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25th January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

vassock is on a distinguished road
Default true "stop"

Is there a way to stop a movie, but to keep the settings set in that session? Since I can't figure out how to set default subs, I have to set it each time I play a movie. So, I would like to stop it, change to alternate display, and play it. My video card does not allow display switching while a movie is playing (or even paused). I tried pressing stop, but BS player only pauses it, which does not allow me to switch. This is the first player I have ever seen that has this problem. All other players allow stopping and playing, while keeping that session's settings.
Old 25th January 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

To set subtitle defaults: (rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles (...etc...)
Is "Remember movie settings" selected under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > General [General settings] ?
(and - also there - how about "Close file when 'Stop' button is pressed" and "Remember last movie position"?)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 25th January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
To set subtitle defaults: (rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles (...etc...)
Tried it, doesn't seem to have any effect. I'll try the other advice you gave, though.
Old 26th January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

I found a way to do a "true" stop in the general settings (close file when stop pressed). However, subtitle settings are not recorded and restored the next time I hit play. It turns on the first set of subtitles each time even after I checked the setting to remember video file settings. Does it matter that I launch it from a playlist?
Old 26th January 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

So my suggestion to also look (i.a.) at "Close file when 'Stop' button is pressed" wasn't so bad after all.
You mention it always selects the first subtitle-file.
I don´t know if it helps you, but there is also a possibility to default BS.Player to e.g. picking the 2nd (or 3rd) subtitle available:
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles [Subtitle properties]
To the right of (Close)-button you see the option:
Default subtitle [1] (and also "Default subtitle language")
Is that option (to change the number (resp.language)) of any use to you?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 27th January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
So my suggestion to also look (i.a.) at "Close file when 'Stop' button is pressed" wasn't so bad after all.
You mention it always selects the first subtitle-file.
I don´t know if it helps you, but there is also a possibility to default BS.Player to e.g. picking the 2nd (or 3rd) subtitle available:
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles [Subtitle properties]
To the right of (Close)-button you see the option:
Default subtitle [1] (and also "Default subtitle language")
Is that option (to change the number (resp.language)) of any use to you?
I tried changing from 0 to 1, 2, 3, 4, and it does not seem to have any effect. It still chooses the first subtitle in the mkv.

The subs are all English. Some are commentary, though.
Old 31st January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassock View Post
I tried changing from 0 to 1, 2, 3, 4, and it does not seem to have any effect. It still chooses the first subtitle in the mkv.

The subs are all English. Some are commentary, though.
So can anyone solve this problem?

Tags
stop, true