Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th August 2003
Eclectic
BS.Guest

Default can bs player play online radio?

can the bs player be used to play online radio?
when i click on the "listen online link" at the radio station website..
bs players pops up but doesnt play anything.. when i press play.. this error is given:

BSPlayer v0.86.493, Unhandled exception at EIP:004135D5
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated

so what's up ? can someone tell me pls
Old 12th October 2009
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Please give us:

- link to one of these online radios
- bsplayer version
- your operating system
Old 13th October 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I'm afraid I no longer have version 0.86.493 available to test. The oldest version I still have installed is 0.86.501 (September 2003). I don't remember and/or think that audio-URLs work with your version. (E.g. it was in version 0.86.496 that an option to listen icecast/shoutcast (MP3 only) streams was introduced). BSPlayer was pretty much predominantly used as a(n outstanding) video player at that time.
So, unless your PC is really very old and very slow, I would advise to instal the latest version (click here for the download page), which certainly is able to do what you're asking for.
If your PC already has some years, maybe you can give us some specs of your PC and its OS.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 16th October 2009
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

If you want I should still have v0.86.493 somewhere
Old 16th October 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Most probably I also still have the older version's installation file somewhere on my PCs and/or disks. But like I said, I don't think it played online radio at that time.
However, I still have 0.86.501 installed as well as 1.37.826 together with the latest final and beta versions (and an odd other version; 6 in total), this in such a way that they do not 'bite' each-other. Hopefully understandably I'd like to stick to that and keep it that way. I've no intention whatsoever to install yet another older version, so that's why I advised as I did.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
online, play, player, radio