Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th August 2003
Bojidar
BS.Guest

Default Increasing the sound level

Hi all,

Some movies Im watching are with lower sound level than the others, and because Im using 2x5W directly connected to my sound card (without amplifier), I almost can't hear the sound. Is there a way I can increase the sound, except from the Win's Volume Control and from BSPlayer? Some plug-in or something?

Thanks in advance,
Bojidar
Old 19th August 2003
BS.Player Power User

Quietseb is an unknown quantity at this point

You can try the dedynamic audio filter

can't remember where I got it though
Old 19th August 2003
BS.player Regular User

elguaxo is an unknown quantity at this point

Try this DSP Plugin, it works great with BSPlayer:

Compressor & Wider 1.1 for Winamp (46 KB)
http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/
Old 21st August 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

DSP Plugins are - unfortunately- not always working.
I used "Enhancer", which (if it does work) does the trick quite capable.
However, you can also change the sound level in the video (.avi) file itself.
E.g. using VirtualDub http://www.virtualdub.org/index
(Setting for video "Direct stream copy" and for audio "Full processing mode" and making use of the "Adjust volume of audio channels" option.)
I've "reworked" several videos in this way.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st August 2003
BS.player Regular User

elguaxo is an unknown quantity at this point

This particular DSP Plugin, 'Compressor & Wider 1.1 for Winamp', works just great with BSPlayer. Give it a try, 'reworking' the videos sounds really time consuming.
Old 21st August 2003
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by elguaxo
'Compressor & Wider 1.1 for Winamp', works just great with BSPlayer. Give it a try.
Yes I agree, IF it works, both 'Compressor & Wider' as well as 'Enhancer' do their job. I've used both (and others), so I do know! :)
However, if they do (for whatever obscure :evil: reason ) not work, you can keep on to "give it a try", but to no avail, I'm afraid. :?
Further, with respect to:
Quote:
'reworking' the videos sounds really time consuming.
I assure you, maybe it sounds (good choice of word in this context by the way :lol: ) time consuming to you, in reality it isn't!
(unless you have a pre-historic PC which still runs on steam, but I cannot imagine this might be the case for you)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st August 2003
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Sorry, but I did not manage to make this plugin to work with AC3 streams.
Some of us don't have so new computers. Watching a movie requires something like 800 MHz CPU and 128 MB ram. But to process the sound on this configuration is indeed time consuming.
And the second problem, virtualdub can't handle AC3 !
Old 21st August 2003
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
But to process the sound on this configuration is indeed time consuming.
C'mon guys, don't exaggerate; even with such a PC we're still measuring time in minutes instead of in hours isn't it? Start it before lunch or dinner and by the time you're finished, so is VirtualDub. And certainly if you compare this time to the time for the creation (or downloading) of a video-file? Well what more can I say? Perhaps what one finds "time consuming" is quite acceptable for another, so that we're all right (or wrong, depending on what one's personal perception is)!

Tags
increasing, level, sound