Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20th September 2003
lb
BS.Guest

Default Debugger error

I am using Win98SE. I have installed BSPlayer 2 times and both times if I try to launch the player, I get an error message about active system debugger. Isn't this a Windows NT feature. I did a search in the forums and found this problem listed several times. However, no one had any solutions.
Old 21st September 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Are you using BSPlayer's debug build, or BSPlayer's latest "regular" build, i.e. "Build 501, 16 Sep. 2003"?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

lb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re:

the newest .501 version.
Old 21st September 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

To be frank: I have no clue.
Indeed quite a few posts on this in this forum.
Also came across it in other forums.
Also quickly searched the internet using i.a. google, which delivered predominantly posts in Russian, which (though I know its alphabet and have had some Russian language courses) I find too difficult to read and understand without spending too much time on it. Maybe some of our Russian BSPlayer-users can help? Sofar I found only one post in English, but I cannot imagine the answer given in it is the real answer)
http://www.computing.net/windows95/w...um/145042.html)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 22nd September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

No, I already have that checked. Thanks
Old 22nd September 2003
BS.player Regular User

Halle is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess your problem is caused by a feature of some executable file packers. (These tools compress your .exe files like e.g. WinZip does, thus decreasing their size, while you still can run them without manually extracting them first)
Some of these tools also have some anti-hacking features, like a check for an active system debugger.
The only solution in case you have such a debugger installed is to remove it. If you are sure you don't have one, it's maybe because an antivirus monitoring tool or firewall is erroneously detected as debugger..
Then you can only try to find what causes the false alert, or ask BST to use another .exe packer (I prefer UPX, which is free and produces rather small files)
Old 24th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Halle,
Do you mean the installer, because the program installed fine. I just cannot run it without the error message. I disabled my antivirus and booted up my gaming configuration which has only the minimal requirements loaded and still got the debugger error message.
Old 24th September 2003
BS.player Regular User

Halle is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I don't mean the BSplayer installer. The BSplayer executable (bplay.exe) is probably compressed by one of those file packers with anti-hacking features.
So disabling your antivirus software doesn't help, maybe you should try downloading the latest BSplayer release.
And if that also won't work... well, bad luck :(
(though I myself never had any problems starting up BSplayer)

cu

Tags
debugger