Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

swordsman74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Videos at wrong aspect ratio?

Hi all,
I found BSPlayer today after a search for a player that had the equivalent of "commercial skip" - hooray for the customizable "jump" feature!!

My problem is this: when I play a video (various files, both mpeg and wmv) I get a strange section to the right of the video that is sometimes black, sometimes green, and at the bottom of that section is a blurred picture - of like a mountain scene or something...very strange. I tried taking a screenshot but the video didn't show up well in it... It almost looks like it is trying to fit a 4x3 picture into a 16x9 view but instead fills the unused space on the right with junk. These videos play fine in other players. Any ideas? Do I have a codec issue? A missed preference checkbox somewhere? Do I need to provide more details? My system is listed below if that would be useful. I can try other ways to take a screenshot, if necessary.

If this is listed somewhere, I apologize. I did some searching, but couldn't find a similar problem...

P4 3.2ghz, 800mhz FSB
512mb PC3200 DDR
60gb + 120gb HD's
eVga GeForce4 Ti 4600 (53.03 drivers)
Windows XP

Thanks!
Matt
Old 10th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Altern is an unknown quantity at this point

same prob here

Screenshots will be useless as it won't be what we actually see that will appear on it.

But swordsman said it all : 1/8 of the window is a black vertical band. Sometimes full of junk (blurred stuff), etc.

I dunno what it comes from because any other players work just fine...

I got a Athlon XP 2000+, GeForce Ti 4200 (last Forceware drivers), 512 ddr, Windows XP
Old 14th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

swordsman74 is an unknown quantity at this point

The answer for this was found in the Bug forum:

http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=3523.

It has to do with toolbars or the taskbar being anywhere other than the bottom of the screen. Hopefully this can be easily fixed for the next build...
Old 10th August 2005
BS.Player Newbie

atlantis is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm bumping this topic cos i have the same problem...

but i use windows 98...

the address u showed in post #3 is invalid when i clicked it...
Old 10th August 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis
I'm bumping this topic cos i have the same problem... but i use windows 98... the address u showed in post #3 is invalid when i clicked it...
You're bumping an almost 2 years old post. The link does work, but you should be logged in first as it is in the "bug reports"-section. I suggest you first read the first few items of my Help2Help-post and then please come back (hopefully with some information) and (try to) describe your problem in your own words.
Thanks!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
aspect, ratio, videos, wrong