Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2004
Maxan
BS.Guest

Default How to get the subtitles working for divx...

hey! i was wondering if anyone could help me out... when i first didn't know how to fix the seperate subtitles to my movies i was recommended bsplayer... now however i have encountered a problem... when i tried to see a movie i divx format using bsplayer (so that i could get the subtitles working), the movie wouldn't show... i had only the opening image and then only the sound functioned... so i was wondering is there a way (not too complicated) to fix this issue so that i can play my divx movies properly
Old 22nd January 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

The separate subtitle-file should - of course - be loaded.
This can be done manually after having loaded the video-file (right-click followed by selection of "Load subtitles" ...etc.).
However, if subtitle-file is placed in the same folder as the movie-file and you give it the same name as the movie (except for the file-extension of course) this is not necessary as it will then load automatically.
Please let us know if you were successfull with the subtitles.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 22nd January 2004
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxan
i had only the opening image and then only the sound functioned...
Sorry, I think I perhaps mis-read your post.
Do I understand correctly that only the first few frames are shown and further you only have sound and no picture?
Then perhaps the DivX-codec as installed on your PC is of an older version than the DivX-codec which was used for the videocompression of the movie.
In that connection I would suggest you to download and install the latest DivX codec (i.e. 5.1.1.) here.
You need not install the player which is included in this "bundle"; you can simply deselect it when installing the codec.

(Edited / link updated)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 22nd January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Maxan is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you very much.... the new codec made it all work :D
Old 22nd January 2004
BS.Player Master

Glad it worked and good to hear we've another satisfied BSPlayer user.

Tags
divx, subtitles, working