Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2004
Bemel
BS.Guest

Default BsPlayer the best player??

Hello there,

I've read a lot about BSPlayer, and a lot of people think that it's the best player. I think that al this is BULLSHIT, sorry but that's what I think!!! I've been using Micro DVD Player for years now, and that's the very best player for viewing DivX esspecially with subtitles.

I mean, just have a look at the bug reports. I've tried BSPlayer, because Micro DVD Plaer doesn't display ogm files withs two audio tracks. But I found bugs in every version of this player. The newest version doesn't work at all. It only works if you're watching a DivX with no specials. I mean have you tried to write a bsi file to load a multilanguage DivX automatically with subtitles??? It doesn't work!! The player isn't capable op changing the resolution at startup (if using a bsi file.)
Micro DVD Player does all this correctly but sucks when it comes to the new!! multilanguage ogm files.

I think this player is a cheap copy of Micro DVD Player which doesn't work at all...

Nevertheless it has some interesting and promising features, which do, unfortunately not work until now. So give me some arguments that make this player the best !!??
Old 30th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

zhadum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default oufta

1- it's light. no other player can be said to be this fluid. all players hog cpu whenever you do a command. this one, nope. and by the way, to all creators, KEEP IT LIKE THIS!!! =)

2- i never heard of that player you speak about

3- i hear about VLC all the time. i seen ugly, but vlc beats em all.

4- I woke up this morning

5- true that bs player isn't always perfect. but unlike most jerkwads in society, i'll stick to something, even tho it has imperfection. i'll not try to screw the neighboor's girlfriend because she has bigger tits that mine. if my girl has smaller tits and i dont like it, it was up to me to decline being with her in the first place. so this applies to software too. and by sticking to sumtin that has a good core, even tho it still needs fixin, and to evolve, if the core stays true, like it has up till now, then I say, it still makes it worth, being called best. And sticking to it

6- who cares about girl stories in a forum of BSPlayer

7- I hate 7

8- I can't find a nice "tutorial" or basics to start skinning for BS.

9- my coffee is getting cold.

10- dare I go on?

naw, actually, there are many players, and everybody needs the ultime player, BUT:

what I hate is not so much players, as the goddamned formats that come out every wednesday, by the dozen.

.ogg, ogm, geez, anyone seen the quality of that? it's AWFUL PUKE!!

so far, my favorite avi format is XviD. and MPG, well a vcd played on TV is NOT THAT HORRIBLE! as everyone says. tv is horrible. but it can't display better than vcd mpg so...

ok, i suppose i am starting with the flamethrowers coming at my buns on the double.

Point is: BSPLAYER!

thankx to anyone who can end my endless quest for skinner starter kit =)
Z
Old 19th February 2004
BS.player Regular User

Bro is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm...thats one strange post....

anyways...
Quote:
.ogg, ogm, geez, anyone seen the quality of that? it's AWFUL PUKE!!
ogm is not a "format" it's a container, so in a way it's a container-format, but not a codec format.
video in ogm shouldn't be any worse than avi, it's the codec that gives the quality.
Old 22nd February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

tammar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: oufta

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhadum
2- i never heard of that player you speak about
Never heard of MicroDVD Player?! It's one of the best players to use if you watch your movies with subtitles. Or atleast it used to be, now it's getting outdated and is outmatched by couple of other programs. Among those is BSPlayer so far the best! Keep up the great work, it is really appreciated!

T.
Old 3rd March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

dalanik is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all, hello guys. My first post here :)

Now, my 2c worth:

MicroDVD is an excellent player. I used it for a year or more. I just dislike the way you load videos/titles. You always have to choose video, secondary audio file, subtitles, even if you never use seconday audio file, you have to click cancel.

BS is good, but somewhat misbehaving.

ZoomPlayer is also OK, too many options though.

Radligh used to be good while it was free. Simple but most important things worked.

And now.... IMHO the best player is Core Media Player. The "only" problem with it is that it is sooooo slow. It completely takes over the machine....

That's why after MicroDVD i started using Radlight. But now Radlight's becoming too simple for me, some options that I need are not available, and I'm examining the option on switching to BS or Zoom players.

I need a help from you guys. I'll choose a player which can do the following:

* specify from the command line which avi file to open, start in fullscreen, start playing video in 4:3 aspect ratio (i have 16:9 tv so it goes back to 16:9 automatically), quit at the nd of film, and all that from the command line.

I tried the following:

"d:\program files\webteh\bsplayer\bsplay.exe" "video.avi -fs -nsub -eend -ar=4:3"

This works OK, but the video doesn't start to play until Ipress X or click PLAY button... play automatically is ENABLED in configuration dialog.

Any clues?

Thanx a lot and cheers to all,

Dalibor
Old 3rd March 2004
BS.player Regular User

DAvenger is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalanik
Radligh used to be good while it was free. Simple but most important things worked.

But now Radlight's becoming too simple for me, some options that I need are not available
/Advertising on

RLcko je free, myslim RL4 ktore bude mat sice aj Pro verziu ale vo vseobecnosti to bude freeware.

Ked myslis ze je moc jednoduche tak sa mrkni na RL4 ;)

/Advertising off

Latest version of the RadLight 4 multimedia player : RadLight 4 BETA 1 (build 2)
Old 3rd March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

dalanik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAvenger
Ked myslis ze je moc jednoduche tak sa mrkni na RL4 ;)
N ojo ale ten uz neni "free" :-)
Old 3rd March 2004
BS.player Regular User

DAvenger is an unknown quantity at this point

akoto? :shock: pokial viem tak je uplne zadarmo bez reklam a setkeho

Latest version of the RadLight 4 multimedia player : RadLight 4 BETA 1 (build 2)

Tags
player