Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 30th May 2004
Tig
BS.Guest

Default No Image or no sound

I just downloaded BSplayer's last version, as i had been using an older version with no problems until today, when it stucked reading a file.

I installed this new version and found that when playing some files there's no sound (some Divx5.1, files i've seen before and do have sound). In the other hand there are files i can listen to perfectly but the image is totally distorted (CVD-DVDrip). There are also files I have no problems viewing them, but anyway I'd like to use only one player instead of two to view all files.

Thanks in advance!
Old 30th May 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

rightclick > Options > Preferences > Audio
Is "System default" selected for both "AC3 decoding" and "Output device".
If not: try if audio still missing when "system default" selected
(If not already done perhaps install AC3 filter.)
Further " image is totally distorted (CVD-DVDrip)." What video-type is that (you can find out using e.g. GSpot; the second item of my Help-to-Help post has a link where to download).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 1st June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Tig is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again

I followed your instructions as written, and here are the results.

1- Sound. I don't know if I did it correctly... did i have to install it in the BSplayer directory or just install it? I just installed, and there's still no sound.

I used the GSpot with this file and there seems to be no problem within the file.

2- Image. I downloaded the Gspot and the file is MPEG(.MPG/.MPEG/.VOB). I pressed the "render" label on the Gspot program and it says that DirectShow claims to be able to play the file using Cyberlink Video/SP decoder or something like that. If you wan't more details I can paste the entire thing.

Anyway this video file seems to be a bit corrupted, as when playing it with other players it skips some parts, it jumps from min 1:30 to 2:56 i.e.

I hope this helps you in developing the BSplayer. Tell me if you wan't to know what hardware I use. I'm running BSplayer under WinXP

Tags
image, sound